Quick help needed please. Shall I cancel parent meeting?!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Quick help needed please. Shall I cancel parent meeting?!

Hi .. Have been interviewing parents this week for a spot I have avaiable from january.. Last night I had a lady come who wants from March but is happy to pay me something towards the space from January which quite suits me because I will be busy really until then and will be full enough ... Tonight I have a lady scheduled who also wants March but it turns out her uncle lives next door to me, and her cousin who lives in the uk but stays at home with her dad next door to me when she is home is a really good friend of mine.! Dh says cancel apt, dont **** on your own doorstep and if anything goes wrong it could be a problem, and leaving that aside I am inclined to go with the lady last night. DOnt want to waste her time or mine if I can't help her but should I see her anyway in case a spot does come up . Is 6 months away!!

If I do cancel what do I say .. Don't have phone number just email ? Thanks!

Nov 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Very Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Murphf

I think as you have someone else happy to start you could maybe just email to say the space has been filled and would she like to be added to your waiting list or if you had details of another cm who could take them? Would be different if you have no-one else lined up but as you do it might make things easier

July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I would see both families because from experience if you cancel one you can guarantee the one you wanted changes her mind and you are left with none.

Also the children may be different. One may be an angel the other could be a handful. So I would see both sets and tell them you have other people to see
    Then make up your mind from there.
    Time Out.. The perfect time for thinking about what you're going to destroy next.

Apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JCrakers View Post
    I would see both families because from experience if you cancel one you can guarantee the one you wanted changes her mind and you are left with none.
    I would go with this too and suggest its the first to sign up and pay a deposit if they both want you

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

if the first arrangement suits (i.e. you are really busy until March anyway) I'd say cancel the second lady because I agree with your husband then if first lady doesn't work out you still have lots of time to find something else.
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got