tactfully tell parents i have a life outside work?!

Hybrid View

Registered Childminder since
    Oct 09
    Post Thanks / Like

I have one parent who is often late. I just charge her for it. I know that it's the nature of her job that means her hours can Beverly unpredictable. I've just learnt to tell her when I can't have the kids picked up late! She knows that Thursday finish is nonnegotiable as I go out at bang on 6pm and want to get sorted first! It does bug me at times, especially on the days when she should be here at 5.45pm and picks em up at 7.30ish.
    If you do not hope, you will not find what is beyond your hopes

oct 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have had this in the past and a few charges for lateness stops it fairly quickly! I am lenient, I know sometimes traffic is bad etc so wait until they are more than 5 mins before mentioning it but I had one who was continually early dropping and late collecting, even 15 mins either end meant almost nearly 3 hours a week free childcare so I had to stop it.

jun10
    Post Thanks / Like

All good advice,I would speak to the parents face to face too

Jan 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone.
    They all know im happy to work late if required but this must be arranged in advance. I just feel they think they can come and go as they please with no consideration for me or my family and its getting very annoying....especially when i know one finished at 3.30 2 days a week!!

This morning i had one parent say....hopefully wont need to after 5 tonight but might do ill let you know! It this attitude of them thinking im just there at there becon call thats so annoying, lucky i dont have plans tonight so its ok.

Anyway off to write another rant now!!