Has anyone ever changed their mind about becoming accredited?

Threaded View

Registered Childminder since
    July 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Has anyone ever changed their mind about becoming accredited?

Hi, I was just wondering if any of you have ever thought about becoming accredited only to change your minds because of the extra effort/time/paperwork that it involves. I recently lost a three year old because I cannot (for the moment) offer funded places, however I have made enquiries for the next mindee who turns three at the end of the year. The DO briefly explained over the phone what it entails...five visits per year, a couple of unnannounced visits (this mindee only comes three full days a week, parents have enquired about her coming full time, I said I could accomodate but still haven't heard back from them). The cynical side of me thinks if I go to all this effort and what happens if they decide to pull her out? The crazy thing is I know I can replace her if parents move her back to nursery full time.

What to do?
    Last edited by nipper; 05-10-2012 at 07:32 AM.