Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Apr 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default TYPICAL!! advice re baby jogger city mini

For MONTHS I've been looking out for a baby jogger city mini double and have struggled to find anything anywhere near £200 let alone for less. I've been struggling with a huge, heavy double pushchair that won't fit in my car. LAst week the quick release wheel kept releasing on its own and it would wobble precariously and I would have to stop, lift pushchair up (with 2 children in it) and slide wheel back on only for it to do it again 2 minutes later!! Not sure why its started doing this and I don't know if wheel would actually fall of but I'm not risking it! Anyway to get to the point I ordered a cheap fold up pushchair from kiddicare. Just to tide me over. It doesn't recline, doesn't have a rain cover (or a shopping basket) but its light,easy to use and FITS IN MY CAR!! Anyway within days of ordering this I actualy found a baby jogger under £200 so I ordered it and it arrived the day after - so I know have 3 double pushchairs - 1 that has a dodgy wheel, 1 that has no rain cover (!) and 1 that does everything it is supposed to apart from the reason I bought it - which is to fit in my car -IT DOESN'T!! AGGGHHH does anyone own one of these and can offer me advice on what I'm doing wrong? Is there a trick I'm missing? I just can't seem to figure it out - to me it seems there is no physical way it will fit in my car because the seats lean backwards slightly and the rear windscreen /boot tilts inwards so where they almost meet its very narrow.

Other things I'm having trouble with is I can't release the wheels? How does this work? And is there a strap or clip to hold it in the closed position??

sorry I'm not getting on very much at the moment but when I do it just seems to be questions questions questions - so huge apologies for that!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Have you looked on Youtube to see if there are any demos? I've found all sorts of help on there with folding pushchairs, fitting buggy boards etc?

Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The babycare website have a lot of video advice on youtube - you might find something there.

Can you ask whoever you bought it from for the manual? Or you might find one online if you Google for it.

Good luck!