Post Thanks / Like

I haven't claimed for years, and now my lo's only drink juice
    Cath

Registered Childminder since
    May '09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I usually make a claim in December, which covers April to Nov, and is about £90 - very handy for Xmas. I then make another claim in April covering the balance of the tax year, so that I can finalise my accounts.

Nov 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Instead of claiming the cash back,I now get the free milk delivered-you get a third of a pint a day per EYFS child-I get 14 pints a week delivered on a thursday and they'll let you have semi,full fat,organic,formula,2 litre bottles,or even little cartons with straws.Its well worth it.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lisa1968 View Post
    Instead of claiming the cash back,I now get the free milk delivered-you get a third of a pint a day per EYFS child-I get 14 pints a week delivered on a thursday and they'll let you have semi,full fat,organic,formula,2 litre bottles,or even little cartons with straws.Its well worth it.
    14 pints a week?? How many children do you have to get that much? At a third of a pint per day, that would work out at 6 children a day, 7 days a week

May 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I get delivered milk.by scotts never had any problems, i always phoned and just ammended the mindees one less or two more mindees. they were very helpful with phone and milk delivery service too!!! Only once a year we fill in survey sheet to let them no about your setting changes by email.

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I use nursery milk. I order with my weekly shop and claim back on-line easy peasy.

Lisa that's an awful lot of milk. It is a 1/3 of a pint milk per day for under 5s, not EYFS, so as soon as they turn 5 they are no longer entitled. If you receive too much milk then it is your responsibility, not the provider, to pay the government back, they are looking into this at the moment.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Irrelevant
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jadavi View Post
    I struggled with it for a while and made about a fiver in two months ... Then when I tried to claim formula (which I provide) as well as normal milk for others the website couldn't take the info so I dropped it. However now I have so many mindees I wonder if i'm throwing away good money?
    If you do it - how much do you claim a month? I have 4-9 mindees a day. Should I start claiming again and backdate?
    Cheers
    i have little cartons of milk from milk for childminders i just email them if there are any changes to numbers, wanted to encourage children to drink milk, they seem to drink more out of these cartons for some reason. I did go with another company they delivered milk when i was away for 3 weeks last year even tho i told them i was off! these are good, you just get email asking you to confirm how much milk you have received in that week for gov.

Nov 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tulip0803 View Post
    I use nursery milk. I order with my weekly shop and claim back on-line easy peasy.

Lisa that's an awful lot of milk. It is a 1/3 of a pint milk per day for under 5s, not EYFS, so as soon as they turn 5 they are no longer entitled. If you receive too much milk then it is your responsibility, not the provider, to pay the government back, they are looking into this at the moment.
    I hope you are not suggesting I'm defrauding anybody!!
    Each time my numbers alter I ALWAYS contact the dairy-but they still send the same amount.In fact I filled in a form just a few weeks ago to let them know of any changes and they still send the same amount.2 other childminder friends have found the same thing with the same dairy-they are still getting the same amount of milk that they have always had.
    There have also been occasions where I have cancelled milk due to holidays and its still been delivered.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Each time my numbers alter I ALWAYS contact the dairy-but they still send the same amount.In fact I filled in a form just a few weeks ago to let them know of any changes and they still send the same amount.2 other childminder friends have found the same thing with the same dairy-they are still getting the same amount of milk that they have always had.
    There have also been occasions where I have cancelled milk due to holidays and its still been delivered.
    Lisa, I don't think anyone is suggesting you are doing anything wrong. You should be able to work out how much milk you are entitled to. If you're getting too much you really need to sort it out. The NMRU is quite clear that YOU are responsible for your claim, not the agent. If they are over-claiming on your behalf, it could be you that got into trouble for it.

You might be submitting the right numbers to the agent, but that doesn't mean they are claiming the correct amount. I'd try phoning them and finding out exactly what is being claimed against your name. The NMRU are very interested in any agents that make mistakes in the amount they claim.

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

As Mouse says no-one thinks that you personally are defrauding anyone but it is your responsibility to ensure that only the correct amounts are delivered to you. There have been many instances of these companies over ordering (not the dairy that deliverers) and charging nursery milk over the top for milk - They are profit making companies and they want to make as much profit as possible. They are not held responsible for over delivery we are. Nursery Milk want to hear about these instances and the whole system is under review because of this.

Oct 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I've just registered with 'Milk4childminders.com' they don't ask for any bank details as it's free, apparently I just let them know how many children i have for sessions of over 2 hours each day and if i want whole/semi skimmed and they deliver it...will update how it goes as not started yet.

Jan 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi
    I see so many comments with problems with outside agencies. I Prefer to just claim every few months with nursery milk and receive a nice little credit.
    Children are born with wings we help them to fly.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12