are OFSTED interested...
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    moogster1a Guest

Default are OFSTED interested...

in our lj's, planning etc. from the old EYFS or do you think they will only want to see the new stuff now ( looking sideways at the files which are 3 months behind and wondering if I can just leave it and start again from now!!!)

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by moogster1a View Post
    in our lj's, planning etc. from the old EYFS or do you think they will only want to see the new stuff now ( looking sideways at the files which are 3 months behind and wondering if I can just leave it and start again from now!!!)
    Can you do a summary of where the children are at now? And how long is it likely to be until your next inspection? WIll you have time to build up a good show of development?

It's not compulsory to do a LJ, you just have to show development. Even if there is a gap of 3 months between the old EYFS folders & the new ones you are still showing development.

Personally I wouldn't stress about catching up & would just start from fresh

Registered Childminder since
    may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I am starting a fresh from 1st September - I have many gaps in childrens LJ due to shoulder operation and sometimes from being totally snowed under in paperwork. I have 6 children part time and try to do an observation on them every week, whereas I know some Nurseries only do an observation every month.

Sep 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hectors house View Post
    I am starting a fresh from 1st September - I have many gaps in childrens LJ due to shoulder operation and sometimes from being totally snowed under in paperwork. I have 6 children part time and try to do an observation on them every week, whereas I know some Nurseries only do an observation every month.
    the guidlines are twice every half term for settings (best practice), so thats 1 every 3 weeks, which is what I have been doing since leaving the setting and becoming a childminder - and Ofsted and my EYCO are perfectly happy with that x

moogster1a Guest

excellent replies. just what I wanted to hear!! Might do a summative assessment for them both from now then start from there. ( after I've watched Dallas whilst they sleep!)

Pipsqueak Guest

I've more or less just 'run mine on'...

Sep 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

oops yup, back to the point lol!! I have completed a summative sheet and started the new LJ's at that level x

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

mine are up to date

I am adding the new development sheets for the ages of children and carrying on in same format with 7 areas instead of 6. 2 are new starters so also ticked off tracker style for starting points then moving on from there
    Happy to be back with the Greenies