First Ofsted Inspection - delay?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    notts Guest

Default First Ofsted Inspection - delay?

Hey, I'm due my first inspection in Sept, yup revised EYFS, only regsitered 6 months, joy of joy! But I have a quick question, apart from a few days over summer, I'm not actually starting minding properley until Sept, do you think when Ofsted contact me to arrange, if I explain this they may postpone? It just seems too much new and too shorter start. Also, I'll only be minding before/after school from Sept, not full time until January.

Registered Childminder since
    Mar 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm in the same boat.

A few days work here and there since May and now I'm off for the summer. Two part timers starting the first week in September.

From what I've heard it's just one of those things - someone has to be first to be inspected under the new system. It's unfortunate that apart from the statutory bits I won't have any real evidence to show for a month at least. I'm trying to get everything in place that I possibly can (p&ps, forms, all about me forms/starting points etc) and to read and re-read the EYFS.

Just hope they forget about me until I've found my feet!

notts Guest

Daunting huh! Oh well, like you say, someones got to be first. Just feels a little unfair but I guess that's life! Well good luck!

I had all my p&p's etc in place for my reg visit, of course they were never looked at just makes me want to revise everything again, doubling the workload, oh well

Registered Childminder since
    Mar 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm exactly the same... Just finally got my head around this current EYFS, I actually have no Idea what i'm going t have to do differently from sept, soooo confused

Due my first inspection in sept and dreading it!

kat

notts Guest

Oh eck, sounds like we're all in the same boat! Anyone feel free to shed some laymans terms help!

I'm going on an afternoons training session later in the month, I doubt thats going to give me all the knowledge I need!

I think our problem is we've had so much to focus on and learn, now its all changing and it's our first inspection AND we don't start till sept. OMG!