Do you think its ok to take mindees to McDonalds for a treat?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Registered Childminder since
    Aug 06
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post
    I was about to claim exactly this but then I realised the word NEVER was in there

I could claim this in all seriousness....................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...........

BUT if only the word never said always
    ***** proofed the house but they're still getting in!

Post Thanks / Like

I did take a mindee once before and never again..... He demanded different toys screaming the whole way through, refused carrots and fruit and demanded chips and then had a complete breakdown because I wasn't going to get him a mcflurry after he had thrown his food on the floor in a temper .....after speaking to parents on pick up seems like he acts like this with him but they give in and give him what he wants so that he doesn't make a scene !
    Needless to say I won't be doing that again

Post Thanks / Like

We have been a few times, usually as most have said if we have been out! Both the mindees I have taken go regularly with their parents so I know its ok (although I did check with them first).

As most have said its everything in moderation - sometimesonly letting them have healthy food and not letting them have any treats has the opposite effect as they get older

Pipsqueak Guest

Quote Originally Posted by tammys-tots View Post
    well i have never seen it on any childminders report, 'childminder takes children on outings to places such as mc donalds' my view on being a childminder is we look after other peoples children! what we do with our own children is different to what we provide for childminding children, i only provide healthy food no crisps, chips fizzy drinks but when mine were younger they did have these sometimes. Some children i have had in the past are always eating unhealthy food so when they come to mine i want to teach them about healthy eating, there are so many over weight children in this country
    you see ALL sorts on peoples reports and not necessarily what you expect.
    I think it does more harm to make things taboo -
    case in point...

my sister and her holier than thou (do as I say not as I do) ways'
    her oh-so-perfect my children eat only organic, fair trade, healthy fresh from the field foods...
    McDonalds and the like was scorned....

my kids - eat BALANCED meals and have a bit of 'junk' here and there...

guess which children had the less colds and coughs, chest infections
    guess which children could make the more sensible decisions and informed choices about foods
    guess which children don't gorge (any opportunity they get) on 'bad' (forbidden) foods
    guess which kids don't have hangups about their weight/size/body shape /foods

lots of things go to contribute to not just fat kids but unhealthy kids and there is more to being 'fat' than just rubbish food. Teach children to understand and you go a long way to solving a problem

having grown up in a dancing environment - where food and body shape were crucial elements I KNOW, first hand, the hang ups that issues around food can cause.

A childminder who takes children to places such as McD's once in a while is not a bad person

june 86
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wendywu View Post
    Yes i have done it, on Christmas eve the children get to choose where they want to have lunch and they choose Mac Donalds.

I sit there with a cardboard cup of coffee while they pick at the food and are more excited about the free toy. But they are happy.

I think to state you would never give the children any unhealthy food then you need to never drink alcohol, eat any fried food, or sweets chocolate or chips or processed food or any unhealthy food EVER.

And no doubt someone will come on here and claim to do exactly this
    he he most of us do on hear on the 2nd January every year for ? weeks

june 86
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pipsqueak View Post
    you see ALL sorts on peoples reports and not necessarily what you expect.
    I think it does more harm to make things taboo -
    case in point...

my sister and her holier than thou (do as I say not as I do) ways'
    her oh-so-perfect my children eat only organic, fair trade, healthy fresh from the field foods...
    McDonalds and the like was scorned....

my kids - eat BALANCED meals and have a bit of 'junk' here and there...

guess which children had the less colds and coughs, chest infections
    guess which children could make the more sensible decisions and informed choices about foods
    guess which children don't gorge (any opportunity they get) on 'bad' (forbidden) foods
    guess which kids don't have hangups about their weight/size/body shape /foods

lots of things go to contribute to not just fat kids but unhealthy kids and there is more to being 'fat' than just rubbish food. Teach children to understand and you go a long way to solving a problem

having grown up in a dancing environment - where food and body shape were crucial elements I KNOW, first hand, the hang ups that issues around food can cause.

A childminder who takes children to places such as McD's once in a while is not a bad person
    well said pip

ziller

oct 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I take my lot but its rare, more.because of the cost of taking them really.

It is a treat when they go and they love it, parents take them to occasionaly.

One thing i do have to say on it, is get them chips not fruit! lol its not right to.go.there and eat carrot sticks!!!! Lol, i wouldnt wamt them with my burger!

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

On a child's last day try get to choose what we do and yes we have been to maccy d's.

Pipsqueak Guest

Quote Originally Posted by zillervalley View Post
    well said pip

ziller
    why fank you

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zillervalley View Post
    well said pip

ziller
    Hear Hear!!!! or is it Here Here???? anyway I agree with Pip too!!!

Pipsqueak Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Chimps Childminding View Post
    Hear Hear!!!! or is it Here Here???? anyway I agree with Pip too!!!
    form an orderly queue to sign up for my fan club

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a healthy eating policy-for most of the time!
    Parents choose us for childcare so their children can have a more rounded, balanced experience, with fun and education all rolled in to one. Rather than the same four walls(nursery) or leisure centre(older kids-hols)
    I rarely go to Mc'd's-I, myself am not a fan of fried food, e numbers, additives, asparatame...the list goes on! They make me ill-enough said! BUT why should the children not have a 'fast food' meal every now and then? I can't see the problem-I think its our job to educate-everything in moderation is fine in our house! And if I do take them then I buy them chips! No point in pairing chicken nuggets with carrots IMO! It Just means that when they have snack they have fruit/veg and a breadstick or something rather than a biccie!

Jul 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I cant see why not if its ok with parents. Dont go there myself as it is so expensive. would rather go to KFC. you get much more for your money. Or we head to pizza hut for their buffet. Lots of healthy salad and as much pizza as you can eat.

This thread is making me really hungrty right now.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123