two way communication with childs nursery
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    july 01
    Post Thanks / Like

Default two way communication with childs nursery

Help!...I am really struggling to write some sort of communication letter to nursery's/reception school to introduce myself as a childminder for a child that will be attending their class. I have a parent coming to see me next week for after school care with her four year old for Sept 2012, so I'm trying to get organised for the revised EYFS. Any suggestions what I should put in the letter and how should I word it? Also would you use observation sheets or small diary for on going communication? Any advice or sample greatly appreciated

apr 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    'good'
    Post Thanks / Like

We have sharing books... They are your normal spiral bound (nice) note books that you can buy anywhere and I put a not in the front to explain that this book is for putting general information in about the child's day.. any news that needs passing from setting to setting etc. I also put my name and contact number in there.

I tell Mum that she can use it for the same reasons so that we all are aware of what's happening with the child and give support/praise and encouragement etc.

Hope that helps... sorry if it's waffling a bit but as usual I'm hurrying and doing umpteen things at a time

july 01
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks karensmart4, the book sound like a better way to communicate between us (me, parents and teachers) Hope you get all your jobs done

apr 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    'good'
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblez View Post
    Thanks karensmart4, the book sound like a better way to communicate between us (me, parents and teachers) Hope you get all your jobs done
    Just sat down now from a loooonnnggg day hope you understood what I meant, I didn't like to read and run, so very quickly replied.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I ask the child questions, look at wall displays, ask for copies of newsletters, check with the key worker and ask parents where possible.

Sometimes other settings simply will not share and you have to get creative.

hth

july 01
    Post Thanks / Like

Opps...just found your replies! Just getting use to working this site

Thank you karensmart4 and Sarah think I will do what both of you suggested!