Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: street parking

Registered Childminder since
    Dec 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default street parking

Has anyone applied to their council to have white parking lines outside their house to enable parents to park safely? I live on a terraced street with no off road parking. Parents quite often find it hard to park close to collect their children and I would love to have a parking area marked out to enable them to park outside safely. I wouldnt particularly be stopping neighbours getting to their houses because a lot of cars that park outside mine belong to people in the next street (which has residential parking-so they dont pay, just park outside my house). Would this be possible? Does anyone know, or has anyone had it done? Thank you.x.
    Julie X X

Jul 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

We were wondering about this too. A sort of drop off and collection point. Our next door neighbours have a disabled parking space on the road and some of our parents stop in their quickly. I hate them doing this especially as the neighbours are very horrible.

June86
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you have a drop kerb if you do then a white line can be painted by council to show that parking there will cause an obstruction i.e to your drive, but they have no legal status and does not prevent people from parking on them only people with manners wouldn't. If you have no drop kerb as reading your post l suspect you don't then l don't think you can have one. I live in a residents permit parking only area, very small close, if traffic warden is up they are ok with parents dropping off and collecting had Mr jobsworth up one day who ticketed one parent even though we said she was just coming, they wouldn't drop it on appeal either.

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

cant see personally as parents dont actually have the right to park outside your house anymore than you do. Also you may be going down business permises which opens other costs
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Dec 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Nice thought but I really can't see it happening!

June 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

if only parents could park by my house my life would be easy even better if I could but road is other end of my street

Nov 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post
    cant see personally as parents dont actually have the right to park outside your house anymore than you do. Also you may be going down business permises which opens other costs
    These are my thoughts too - I would not be wanting to draw the attention of my council to the fact that i operate a business from home

Dec 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by christine e View Post
    These are my thoughts too - I would not be wanting to draw the attention of my council to the fact that i operate a business from home
    Yes I think youre right. Think I'll carry on just quietly moaning under my breath ha ha . Thank you xx
    Julie X X