Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    Jan 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm considering making my own register too. Do I need to have a column for how many hours they've been with me, or will the in/out times do?

Aug 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hayley102 View Post
    Me too

Originally Posted by miffy
    I use one sheet for every week with all the children's names on.

I sign them in and out - there is no requirement to get the parents to sign the sheet and Ofsted have always been happy with it.

Miffy xx

Same here!x
    Last edited by twinkletots; 11-05-2012 at 08:09 AM. Reason: Missed the quote haha!
    Rach x

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by twinkletots View Post
    Originally Posted by miffy
    I use one sheet for every week with all the children's names on.

I sign them in and out - there is no requirement to get the parents to sign the sheet and Ofsted have always been happy with it.

Miffy xx

Same here!x
    Me three, one per week with pre printed times for regular times and left blank for ad hoc children or a perent that picks up at different times.
    I then write on fees at the end of the column before filing away for my accounts.
    Owners of a lovely 2 bedroom holiday cottage www.thecottagegillamoor.co.uk

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by miffy View Post
    I might be being thick here but how did having the parent sign your attendance register prove she was lying about the time you dropped her child at school? She wasn't there when you dropped the child off so she couldn't say anyway. I would have thought the schools attendance register would have been much more use in this situation as they usually mark down if a child is late.

I'm glad the complaint wasn't upheld.

Miffy xx
    It was actually collecting and I record the time I collect from school in my attendance register because that is the time that the child is in my care. It was the fact that the parent had complained about a specific day and accused me of being late to collect and that I hadn't told them that I had collected late. On the day in question I was not late and the fact that the parent had signed the register confirmed to Ofsted the time I collected and because the parent had signed proved that they were also well aware of the times recorded and therefore clearly had been informed by me about the time I had collected their child. Without that signature it would have been the parents word against mine as to whether I had informed them or not.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lisa1968 View Post
    made my own on the computer because I couldnt find one that suited!

A4 paper,days of week across the top.childrens name down left hand side.
    Each day for each child is split into 2-arrival and departure.For a child I have before and after school,they have 2 rows of arrival and departure next to their names to log before and after school times.
    hope that makes sense?
    Sounds more or less exactly the same as mine!!
    I collect from our local nursery and all children for that day are on one sheet! Parent etc logs down time of drop off and later collection time and signs!

June 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I just note arrival and departure down in my work diary with the child's initials. Activities, visitors, expenses, sickness, etc are all in there as well. I showed Ofsted at my inspection and she didn't say anything about it, noted that I have good systems and excellent organisation in my report. I can barely get parents to read and sign accident / incident forms - much less look at the details of arrival and departure! But I run a very small business here, only one or two max / day.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wendybird View Post
    I just note arrival and departure down in my work diary with the child's initials. Activities, visitors, expenses, sickness, etc are all in there as well. I showed Ofsted at my inspection and she didn't say anything about it, noted that I have good systems and excellent organisation in my report. I can barely get parents to read and sign accident / incident forms - much less look at the details of arrival and departure! But I run a very small business here, only one or two max / day.
    Same here!!! I think if I had somewhere by my front door the hall that I could put my attendance register that they could sign in and out on the way through the door it would be better but i've only got a small, narrow hall so the register sits on my kitchen worktop - usually hiding under some clutter or other

toddlers896 Guest

I am so glad that i came across this thread as i have been doing my attendance wrong. I use the NCMA register but i have been putting down the hours that they are contracted and not the exact time they arrive and leave. ooops!!
    I had better start doing it properly on monday also once this book is used up i think i will use the idea of many and buy a book and make my own attendance register so that everybody is on the same page.

thanks for the info x

sep 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Each of my children have a monthly sheet showing times they attend each day or reason why not (sick etc) then at the bottom i write weekly hours and amount paid, then myself and parent sign it. But i do this more for the tax man

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trac896 View Post
    I am so glad that i came across this thread as i have been doing my attendance wrong. I use the NCMA register but i have been putting down the hours that they are contracted and not the exact time they arrive and leave. ooops!!
    I had better start doing it properly on monday also once this book is used up i think i will use the idea of many and buy a book and make my own attendance register so that everybody is on the same page.

thanks for the info x
    I don't put mine all on one page for confidentiality reasons. One page per month per child. Also by having several children on one page it would be difficult to use it the way I had to when a complaint was made and I had to send copies of ONE childs register to Ofsted.

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by trac896 View Post

thanks for the info x
    Brilliant reflection on your practise though
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12