Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    June 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done you - I bet you are relieved its all over.

My inspector asked me if I wore plastic aprons when changing nappies - I said no and she said that to obtain an outstanding I would have to show I took as many extra steps to ensure the safety of the children - apparently I can wash germs from my hands but some can remain on my clothes so I must wear an apron to prevent cross contamination??? - How can any more germs get on my clothes when changing a baby than when I use the loo especially when using a loo when we are outside????? We'd have to live our lives in a bubble if that's the case. We all carry a certain amount of germs and bacteria on us that most of the time doesn't affect most of us - that's life. She gave me an outstanding anyway and didn't make it a recommendation so don't know what she was on about - the only negative (if you could call it a negative) from my inspection.
    Celest

Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Heaven Scent View Post
    Well done you - I bet you are relieved its all over.

My inspector asked me if I wore plastic aprons when changing nappies - I said no and she said that to obtain an outstanding I would have to show I took as many extra steps to ensure the safety of the children - apparently I can wash germs from my hands but some can remain on my clothes so I must wear an apron to prevent cross contamination??? - How can any more germs get on my clothes when changing a baby than when I use the loo especially when using a loo when we are outside????? We'd have to live our lives in a bubble if that's the case. We all carry a certain amount of germs and bacteria on us that most of the time doesn't affect most of us - that's life. She gave me an outstanding anyway and didn't make it a recommendation so don't know what she was on about - the only negative (if you could call it a negative) from my inspection.
    I certainly am relieved!

My inspector mentioned the aprons too but said they really focus on the gloves and that I MUST get some.

Oct 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rickysmiths View Post
    LEGAL!!!!!! Who passed a law about that and when, that is what has got to happen for something to become a legal requirement If that is what she said I would be challenging her and either Tribal or Prospects to give me a copy of the legislation that has been passed for this to be Law. It is factually incorrect and this inspector needs to be reported so they can be told not to give out such ridiculous and inaccurate information.

Very well done on your result.
    I've got a feeling somethings been said somewhere because in my letter from LA about revised EYFS sessions they included a whole load of leaflets about the correct way to change a nappy and it had gloves on it. Also... i never knew that we should change a child standing up from when they can stand up on thier own?
    Currently not minding

June 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Where has the standing up thing come from???
    Celest

Sept 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

In my last inspection I wore gloves, cleaned mat etc, got a good with 4 areas of outstanding but one of the recommendations was that good hygiene practises were not in place because I did not routinely wash children's hands (child was 18 months) hands at the sink after nappy changing. Child did not touch anything, mat was miltoned ...grrrr

Oct 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Heaven Scent View Post
    Where has the standing up thing come from???
    I have no idea it was in my leaflet on the correct way to change a childs nappy! Which came in the post yesterday from my LA. Along with the dates of sessions for us to understand what the changes are to the new EYFS. I read it and was like WHAT?! We have to do that like that now?! what a loada.....
    Currently not minding

Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kezzle View Post
    I have no idea it was in my leaflet on the correct way to change a childs nappy! Which came in the post yesterday from my LA. Along with the dates of sessions for us to understand what the changes are to the new EYFS. I read it and was like WHAT?! We have to do that like that now?! what a loada.....
    How difficult would it be to change a nappy on a standing LO? They'd run away at the first chance! And what happens when it's a lovely explosive nappy?!

Madness!!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Oct 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kellib View Post
    How difficult would it be to change a nappy on a standing LO? They'd run away at the first chance! And what happens when it's a lovely explosive nappy?!

Madness!!
    That was the first imagery i had when i read that sentence on the leaflet! A big brown stain on my lovely red rug.

They don't even want to keep still when they're laid down but at least you can hold their legs still. Do that stood up and they'd probably fall over and into the messy nappy, because there's no way they're going to stand still and wait for you to wrap it up into a nappy bag before deciding, actually i would rather run over to the other side of the room and climb up the furniture with a messy bum.
    haha!
    I may not have kids or currently have any to mind but i know from my little brother and my many nieces and nephews none of them would hang about stood up!
    Currently not minding

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12