Giant african land snails  babys  FREE
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    July 10
    Post Thanks / Like

I've just phoned the post office and they said i can't post them as i'm not a recognised authority ? sorry guys

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrs coops View Post
    I've just phoned the post office and they said i can't post them as i'm not a recognised authority ? sorry guys
    How come I got mine posted to me then? That can't be right surely. I've seen loads of people advertising on the internet and they all post them out. I'll have a look see if I can find the forum lady's name who I got mine from I'm sure she can help.

xx

July 10
    Post Thanks / Like

They just said as it's a live creature and they will not be going to or from a recognised institute that i cannot post them

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AliceK View Post
    How come I got mine posted to me then? That can't be right surely. I've seen loads of people advertising on the internet and they all post them out. I'll have a look see if I can find the forum lady's name who I got mine from I'm sure she can help.

xx
    Just looked. It was LittleAcorns. PM her, I'm sure she will give you some advice re posting them

xxxxx

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Thats a shame as I am a long way away from you

I am defiantly going to get one though

Just checked it out on tinternet

July 10
    Post Thanks / Like

jane where abouts are you? i'm only asking as we are going to somerset on friday and if you are on route i could pop some in

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Did you say you had about 70

What on earth are you going to do with all those? Dont they just keep breeding?

I have just read that garden snails have 430 babies a year

I couldnt even start to do the maths on that

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

jane where abouts are you? i'm only asking as we are going to somerset on friday and if you are on route i could pop some in
    Im in cheshire

July 10
    Post Thanks / Like

apparently you put the eggs in the freezer which i will remember for next time lol hopefully will find homes for them all as i already have two

July 10
    Post Thanks / Like

if i'd have known that i could of sent some with my friend as she is in cheshire this week

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks any way and I hope you find homes for them all. A pet shop may take them off your hands

July 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi ladies and gents i have several baby snails (over 70) if any of you would like some please feel free to message me
    I would love some of these...do you know if you could post them to Kent area? How many should you have together as pets - should I just have one or two (I've never had these before)??? Pleeeeeeeeease can I have some...pretty please????

Hels xx

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AliceK View Post
    Yes you can post them. I got Bob when he was a tiny baby from a lady on this forum. He was packaged well and labelled and arrived perfectly safely

xxxx
    Yes ours were posted too , from another childminder

Angel xx

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Dempster View Post
    I would love some of these...do you know if you could post them to Kent area? How many should you have together as pets - should I just have one or two (I've never had these before)??? Pleeeeeeeeease can I have some...pretty please????
    Unless you want loads of babies you should probably only keep 1 per tank. They are hermaphrodites

xxx

July 10
    Post Thanks / Like

I think i will try ringing the post office again and see what they say and get back to anyone who want's some posted x

July 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Where abouts are you? I'm really interested.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Ladies,
    We were given 6 babies (about the size of a 5p piece) last April.
    Now, 16 months later, they are all about 4 inches long and I find them totally fascinating!
    Like some others of you, my family and friends think I'm completely nuts!!!!

They eat cuttle fish for their shells and we have fed them lettuce, cucumber, oats, bread, beetroot, courgette, raw cabbage leaves, carrot etc etc
    If you feed them different colour food then their shells get stripes of different colours!
    I love ours, and we haven't had babies yet, but as soon as eggs appear, I will be boiling or freezing them!!!!!
    Have fun with yours!
    Tracey xx

jan 11
    Post Thanks / Like

hiya,

I would be interested BUT how big does the tank have to be???

Could you just post in a box and stick fragile stickers all over?? or is that mean
    just been reading the snail forums (yes really lol) and its seems normal to post them.

Posting snails

To package a large snail (30mm+) place it in a plastic tub the snail can fit comfortably into. Fill the tub with moss (some people use damp kitchen roll) so the snail will not move around while in there. Then wrap the tub in bubble wrap or pad it with crumpled newspaper and place it into a box, which is sealed tight with tape. The tub must not be able to move around inside the box. For smaller snails (20mm or less), you can put them in the tubs for photograph films. Place the snail inside the tub with moss packed around it, then put the tub in a padded envelope. Don't post snails when if it's winter and too cold. Snails can be sent across the world and still be okay, although they probably shouldn't be in the post longer than 8-10 days. The snails must have access to air, so the inner and outer packaging must have airholes. When you recieve the snail, put it straight on some food.
    Last edited by ~Grasshopper~; 07-08-2011 at 12:11 PM.

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ***suz*** View Post
    hiya,

I would be interested BUT how big does the tank have to be???

Could you just post in a box and stick fragile stickers all over?? or is that mean
    just been reading the snail forums (yes really lol) and its seems normal to post them.

Posting snails

To package a large snail (30mm+) place it in a plastic tub the snail can fit comfortably into. Fill the tub with moss (some people use damp kitchen roll) so the snail will not move around while in there. Then wrap the tub in bubble wrap or pad it with crumpled newspaper and place it into a box, which is sealed tight with tape. The tub must not be able to move around inside the box. For smaller snails (20mm or less), you can put them in the tubs for photograph films. Place the snail inside the tub with moss packed around it, then put the tub in a padded envelope. Don't post snails when if it's winter and too cold. Snails can be sent across the world and still be okay, although they probably shouldn't be in the post longer than 8-10 days. The snails must have access to air, so the inner and outer packaging must have airholes. When you recieve the snail, put it straight on some food.
    But the post man wouldn't know they were live animals and what it they got crushed or lost and ran out of air.

I would think there is a different proccess for live animals that just putting them in the post box

july 97
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

ooh i used to collect snails when i was little and keep as pets! i d love some

When you buy caterpillars on line they come in the post. Anyway if you are able to post some I would definitely like some please.

Shelley
    x

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast