CAN'T be MISSED  - FREEBIE
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  51
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BucksCM Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Pipsqueak View Post
    135 views and only 1 taker so far.... I have to say I am disappointed in y'all... I thought you were my friends
    Yeah...but he's been taken...by Bunyip!
    Unless you're going to cut him up and share him?!

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

oh lordy I'm scared, very scared of what is to come Pip doesn't look like you will be able to just give him away, the best you can hope for is a swap - I'm offering my 10 year old dd if that helps.
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

My model is from the same year, but must be a different batch.

Personal Hygiene - showers at least once, sometimes twice a day, Goes through at least a can of Lynx a week, similar with hairgel. Has the amazing knack of filling the washing basket with dirty clothes...just as I've emptied it. But hey, that's got to be better than leaving it all on the bedroom floor, like his older brothers do

GSOH - makes me laugh with his dry wit (dare I say he takes after his mother )

Can work the microwave & sandwich toaster, but much more importantly...the kettle! Makes me a cup of coffee before I come downstairs in the morning, puts the kettle on again when he gets in from school, several times throughout the evening & makes me a final coffee at bedtime.

Very rarely answers back...again, unlike his brothers.

And even when he's in trouble at school he spares my feelings by telling the teachers I'm out at work, so there's no point in phoning me

Mar 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

lol merge our names and you come up with Pist! lmao
    If all else fails......add glitter!

Mar 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post

Personal Hygiene - showers at least once, sometimes twice a day, Goes through at least a can of Lynx a week, similar with hairgel. Has the amazing knack of filling the washing basket with dirty clothes...just as I've emptied it. But hey, that's got to be better than leaving it all on the bedroom floor, like his older brothers do

Can work the microwave & sandwich toaster, but much more importantly...the kettle! Makes me a cup of coffee before I come downstairs in the morning, puts the kettle on again when he gets in from school, several times throughout the evening & makes me a final coffee at bedtime.

And even when he's in trouble at school he spares my feelings by telling the teachers I'm out at work, so there's no point in phoning me
    Erm, The stepford wives children comes to mind here!

On a serious note, enjoy it while you can coz you never know when it might change hun!!

oct 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lozzy23 View Post
    Probably the reason I love being a CM, the LO's come in smiling, I get a cuddles, they are excited about what we are going to do, love it when I dance with them and they seem to like being in the same room as me
    This exactly!!! I always say to the parents when they are having a tough time, enjoy these years because once they hit the teenage years then you will appreciate how easy it is when they are small!

Def seems to be a faulty batch - my 14 year old DS is of a similar vein and my nearly 12 yr old DD has been a teenager for at least the last 4 years.

According to my mother I was an angel during the teenage years (although I may have made up for it since).

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by silvermist View Post
    Erm, The stepford wives children comes to mind here!

On a serious note, enjoy it while you can coz you never know when it might change hun!!
    Oh, I know the risks. I've already lived the teen years with the 3 older than him. No wonder my hair is greying

8. Likes silvermist liked this post
    Pipsqueak Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post

so batch wasn't faulty ... heavens you can go off some people!!! lol

(your model sounds lovely.... )

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

so batch wasn't faulty ... heavens you can go off some people!!! lol

(your model sounds lovely.... )
    I do sometimes wonder if he was my reward for having survived the previous 3!

11. Likes silvermist liked this post
    July 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Brilliant thread ladies, having a little giggle as we speak!

Quote Originally Posted by eddie View Post

According to my mother I was an angel during the teenage years (although I may have made up for it since).
    Ah now it's a well known fact that 'IT' skips a generation. My theory however is that 'What goes around comes around'...I am not looking forward to ten years time (my two ds is 8 1/2 and dd nearly 6). If the forum is around I might be re-awakening this thread!

Jan 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Can I swap you for an empty house ?

14. Likes The Juggler liked this post
    July 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Can I upgrade???

16. Likes N/A liked this post
    July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Ive got a similar one to Mouse aged 13.5yrs so I'm happy with that

But I do have a very stroppy demanding 10yr old girl who is going on 15

Answers back a lot
    Sulks when its not going her way
    moans a lot...... (we're talking a lot ere)
    asks for things constantly especially when out
    never stops eating
    Makes my job harder than it needs to be
    Doesn't take no for an answer
    Doesn't usually do as she's told

The joys of parenting
    Time Out.. The perfect time for thinking about what you're going to destroy next.

Mar 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

If they gave out a parents guide at the birth of your first child which covered every year up to their twenties....you would only ever have one child eh!!

I have come through those teenage years with my ds's(both in their twenties now) but I do now think they were easy compared to having hormonal teenage dd!

Pipsqueak Guest

Showed him this thread - he doesn't think me or any of you are funny... we are sad ... apparently!
    (insert big grinning smiliie as it won't click)

tried talking to him last night;

Me: 'Rob.. I don't like getting cross with you like this, you need to shake your act up a bit
    Rob: 'yeah... I know'
    Me: 'surely you don't enjoy it either... how are we going to sort this out'
    Rob: 'how about you just leave me alone to be a teenager - I am supposed to be moody and selfish'
    Me: 'errr no thats not gonna happen son'
    Robcue whiney voice) ' but I don't know what i have done wrong AGAIN'
    Me: **reels of no less than TEN wrongdoings ranging from not listening, to blatently ignoring instructions, mithering his siblings, backchat and selfishness
    Rob: 'yeah but you are just making it up'
    Me: 'no these are just in the last week son'

hmupf... cue slamming door stamping feet... mumbling etc

so yeah - talking works....<sigh>

20. Likes The Juggler liked this post
    Mar 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

This thread has bought back some memories from my ds's angst ridden teenage years.
    God the times Ive heard....but its not fair!

Maybe you should start acting in the same way as he does, say from now til tomorrow morning, answer him as he answers you, basically give him the same treatment. He might be surprised to realise it makes you feel like c***. Worth a go I reckon.

Just laughing to myself now as I picture you storming out of the room, slamming the door and blasting out your music at full pelt!!! Do it Pip, I dares ya!!!!

Pipsqueak Guest

Quote Originally Posted by silvermist View Post

Just laughing to myself now as I picture you storming out of the room, slamming the door and blasting out your music at full pelt!!! Do it Pip, I dares ya!!!!
    I do that anyways lol!!!!!

July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Ive always slammed doors

My Dad took my bedroom door off when I was a teenager...'If you slam that door one more time I'm taking it off' So he did

Now I still slam doors if dh annoys me and Ive been known to throw things at him if he really winds me up (he's got the knack of winding me up and when I get cross, he laughs and makes me worse)

He always laughs at me when we have an argument and I'm looking around for something to throw at him
    Time Out.. The perfect time for thinking about what you're going to destroy next.

24. Likes silvermist liked this post
    Dec 02
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks eveyone for making me laugh. When you have th nightmare living in your home, you can easily think you are the only one with your affliction. Its good to know that most people have had, do have or will have (he he!!) a nightmare living upstairs!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JCrakers View Post
    He always laughs at me when we have an argument and I'm looking around for something to throw at him
    I can strongly recommend chocolate mousse. Load up your spoon, aim & flick...very messy, but so satisfying when you hit them when they're not expecting it

27. Likes N/A, JCrakers, loocyloo, silvermist liked this post

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast