Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    May 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Invoicing for late collections/other hours

My local Childminding Association advises collecting payment upfront (whether that be weekly or monthly) ... which I can see working if the parents stick to the arranged hours but what happens if they are late or you do a few extra hours here and there? Would you invoice seperately for this? Or add it onto the next weeks invoice?
    If, for example, I had a parent that paid weekly - would I give them the "usual" invoice for the next week and an additional one for the "extras" of the previous week and expect both to be paid by the Monday?
    How about if they are late to collect on a friday evening...it would be too late to add that onto the invoice for the following week...would i add that to the week after that?!

Or am I getting worked up about things

Post Thanks / Like

It's up to you. I am paid monthly in advance and my arrangement with parents is that any extra hours are added on to the following months invoice. I think that's quite generous on my part but tbh it suits me and I have good parents who pay on time.

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Apr 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

All mine pay weekly in advance, don't usually invoice this as hours are the same. If extra hours are needed they pay for them the following week.

hth

Sept 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by miffy View Post
    It's up to you. I am paid monthly in advance and my arrangement with parents is that any extra hours are added on to the following months invoice. I think that's quite generous on my part but tbh it suits me and I have good parents who pay on time.

Miffy xx
    I do this too, I add up the total for the month and then add the additional hours from the previous month at the bottom stating clearly what date they were for. I then add both figures together so its clear what parents owe and for what. Weekly payments are harder, I have only had one recently and I produced an invoice at the beginning of the month showing how much they needed to pay each week and the due date for each payment, I would be inclined to invoice any extra hours separately for this.

Jan 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by miffy View Post

Miffy xx
    Ditto to this. One parent initially wanted to pay weekly but all my bills and dds go out on the same day of the month so I stuck to my guns. I'm rubbish with finances and didn't want to be working out more than I need!

Everyone pays on time, it works for us.