Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    Reg Jan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by snufflepuff View Post
    Average here is £3.50, I've seen prices between £3.20 and £4. Not sure what is included in those fees...I charge the average of £3.50 and it includes everything but nappies.
    A fairly new childminder charges £2 per hour for full time hours, with everything included in her fee. She still only has one mindee.
    Oh my god £2 per hour , I am newly reg but could not afford to work for so little. thats crazy!! I am charging the same as others locally £3.75 & feel just because I'm not experience doesn't mean I cant offer an excellent servive so I am going with it

Dec 11
    Post Thanks / Like

When I did my research for my business plan (CYPOP 5 unit 4), I was amazed by the range of rates £3 to £5.50, but also scared by the low costs of the local private nurseries/day care centres. I had hoped to get some extra children in the holidays (have my assistant 'mum' ready to help) but no idea how I can compete with £27.50 per day that some are charging! My daily rate is £42 - will need to work out a lower rate for school aged children, but still - £27.50 just wouldnt cover my costs!

Hope you find a rate that suits you and covers your costs plus some.

A

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

we currently charge £4.00 per hour all in except nappies and wipes.

am thinking of putting a charge on dinner though as its costing me a bomb!!!

Apr 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

We all charge the same in our small town (there are about 10 of us) - they did persuade one childminder who hadn't raised hers for years and she was excellent to put her rates up in line with everyone else. The conversation only came about because as a newbie I wasn't sure if I should charge as much as the more experienced minders but didn't want them to think I was trying to undercut them either! so £3.50 is what we all charge - but now due to cost of running/expenses some are starting to put their rates up to £3.70 and £3.75 and I'm sure it won't be long before the rest of us follow. There is a couple of small towns not far away where all the childminders charge £4.00
    As far as I know we all provide snacks but not meals - I charge extra for meals as I am willing to provide them. Also some charge extra for trips but I include mine - I go free places or where I have a membership (like the zoo) so its usually only the cost of the petrol. I will take on special trips but will do so at my expense - so this summer i might go to the aquarium but make sure i go on a day when my 2 boys are with me!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12