Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: advice needed

Registered Childminder since
    AUG 01
    Post Thanks / Like

Default advice needed

Hi received an email from co ordinator yesterday saying that the early years department wants details of what all childminders in the borough are charging.
    They say the information is for the child support agency so they can asses the fees for childcare to be honest im not sure how i feel about this was wondering what everyone else thinks.

jun 07
    Post Thanks / Like

This has been moved to this section where it is more likely to be seen. Anyone got some good advice for Windles.
    Graham
    Assistant to d' ex boss

Pipsqueak Guest

They can want all they like and you are under no obligation to provide them with the information if you don't want to.

I can understand that they are probably trying to get a good idea of where to set rates for social care etc.
    Perhaps you can ask them exactly how the information is going to be used, who is going to see it and where its going to be stored - they will fall under data protection.

June 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Out of curiosity if a parent called you to ask what your rates are would you tell them? Not sure if I am missing some point here but does it matter if they know your rates? My rates are on my website and the FIS website for all to see?

sept 04
    Post Thanks / Like

It seems very strange to me that the CSA need random figures to assess childcare costs - surely these will vary for individual cases. Also why can't they make their own enquiries via web sites etc.

Pipsqueak Guest

you could re-direct them to NCMA for the average fees breakdown

our LA collects information like this

Jul 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

My borough does a childcare audit once a year and as part of that they collect information about fees. I was sent out a form where I had to fill in the number of vacancies and my fees. They only wanted to know the fulltime fee for five days a week (8am - 6pm) and the after school fee also for five days a week (3pm-6pm). I didn't really have a problem giving them this information as I am happy to tell parents my fees over the phone anyway. They use the information to work out an average weekly fee and this is published in a report which is available to the public. They don't publish childminder's indvidual fees. Not sure if it would be the same where you are though.

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mummyMia View Post
    My borough does a childcare audit once a year and as part of that they collect information about fees. I was sent out a form where I had to fill in the number of vacancies and my fees. They only wanted to know the fulltime fee for five days a week (8am - 6pm) and the after school fee also for five days a week (3pm-6pm). I didn't really have a problem giving them this information as I am happy to tell parents my fees over the phone anyway. They use the information to work out an average weekly fee and this is published in a report which is available to the public. They don't publish childminder's indvidual fees. Not sure if it would be the same where you are though.
    My LA does this too and I don't have a problem telling them, just lose the letter sometimes
    Happy to be back with the Greenies