Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default To charge for extra 15 mins?

Hi,

I'm taking on a couple of siblings after Xmas on thurs and Fridays. A boy aged 12m and a girl aged nearly 4.
    I will be picking the girl up from preschool so only having her 3-6pm both days.
    The boy will be attending 7.45am-6 pm.

My usual hrs are 8-6pm but because business has been slow I've said yes to a 7.45am start on the two days. Fees for this were not discussed at the time.
    I used to have Fridays off but now have a little girl 9-3pm but I still get a nice lie and relaxing fri morning with no rushing about. Get dd ready for school etc.
    So basically I'm giving all that up from Xmas onwards.

Would you charge 10hrs for the boy as its only 15 mins more or would you charge 11hrs?? I really can't decide as I want to be reasonable but I'm starting earlier and giving up my Friday morning relax.

Decisions,decisions!
    Becky

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

i do a couple of 0730 starts and I just charge the half hour extra. I state that I will charge an enhanced fee before 0800 though in reality I never have just the normal fee - I would it was a full hour though. I would probably say that this is normally an out of hours fee but you will just charge half hour rather than the hour.
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Also if you charge the hour before than the parents may think as Im paying for it I may as well use it.

Personally for two day at 15 mins i wouldnt - I wouldnt risk losing a contract over half an hour
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

June 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

I charge by the hour so would charge from 7am, parents never turn up at 7:45 it's always 7:35/7:40

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I charge by the half hour and before 8 is my higher hourly rate. normal rate £4.50 over time £6.50 - hopefully putting people off unless they really need it
    Happy to be back with the Greenies

Sept 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a family who were booked for 8 - 6 but when the reality of trains etc happened they actually needed to come at 7.45 - as I have them all day Mon - Thurs I didn't ask for an enhancement - just adds up to an extra hour a week x