Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    march05
    Post Thanks / Like

Default school paying c/m fees

Hi all,

I need some advice, I have just been approached by sumone who wants me to have their child whilst they do a training course but the school are paying but they want to pay at the end of the month, I always ask for payment up front off my other parents do I trust the school & do I charge more etc has anyone done this before, any advice would be appreciated x

thank uxxx

Pipsqueak Guest

Its entirely up to you.
    Will the school be putting their signature on the contract - they should be if they are ultimately responsible for payment. If they are then I would be happy to accept the contract. I would make it clear though that you are altering the terms of you business for them and very clear what date payment will be due by and the consequences of non payment.

Consider getting the parent to sign the contract as well

Registered Childminder since
    march05
    Post Thanks / Like

thats a good idea to get school to sign contract its hard isnt it, have a feeling this school will play up because of me pulling my little girl out as the didnt agree with it, when they call monday i shall say thats what they have to do and if they disagree with refuse it . thank you for your advicexxx

Pipsqueak Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mandarooney View Post
    thats a good idea to get school to sign contract its hard isnt it, have a feeling this school will play up because of me pulling my little girl out as the didnt agree with it, when they call monday i shall say thats what they have to do and if they disagree with refuse it . thank you for your advicexxx
    It it is the school paying then they need to sign the contract first and foremost and you should be supplying them with your policies and procedures and clearly explaining your billing and payment expectations. Note on the the contract that the school is ultimately responsible for contract payment. You should be treating the school like the client and going through the contract and terms of business with them.

Get parent to countersign because this will make them equally responsible for the payment - again P&P, terms of contract and making it clear to parent that if the school fail to pay you as agreed you will come after them for recompense that is what they are signing/agreeing to within the contract along with your terms and conditions.