Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default holiday mum doesn't need all care

hi ladies and gents..

I'm just wondering .. I've been rechecking with my holiday mindee mums to ensure that definitely still need me next week and one of the mums has said she only needs me for 2 days not 4.. she seems happy to pay for everything except the food.. so what is the problem?

well.. stupidly I feel a lil guilty taking the base rate off her for these 2 non-working days.. part of me feels I should say only pay me a half rate and part of me thinks invoice in full except for the food as firstly mum seems happy paying anyway and secondly you've only been given short notice of change...

what would you do? I really do need all the pennies I can get at the mo.. and have booked this child in for 4 days..

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Invoice full rate less food

She has booked a place and is happy to pay for it even though she now does not want to use it.

If you charge less this time she may expect it other times and what if another parent wants the same. You could end up losing quite a chunk of your income.

july 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jane5 View Post

She has booked a place and is happy to pay for it even though she now does not want to use it.

If you charge less this time she may expect it other times and what if another parent wants the same. You could end up losing quite a chunk of your income.
    Agreed

Also bear in mind that you may have turned others away in the meantime for those days.

Nonsensicle guilt is the worst part of this job I sometimes think.

bws,
    Wendy

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jane5 View Post

totallya gree if a parent books school holiday care but noo longer needs it they still have to pay the fees x
    Love Mrs Edward Cullen x