Help!  Chronic late payer???
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    onceinabluemoon Guest

I would advise you to extend the settling in period to two months in case she doesn't pay up. I'd also have a really short notice period if it was me. Who are you insured with? Some companies are better at chasing unpaid fees than others (I know it hasn't come to this YET but it probably will).

Registered Childminder since
    Oct 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

checked my bank and still no payment

I thought I would give it 3 work days ( fri, mon and tues ) before I send a late payment letter.

Im more annoyed that Im having to spend brainpower getting wound up over it!!

Either way there will be a letter tomorrow. Either a thank you for your payment, BUT no more late payments or no care. Or - WHERE IS MY MONEY .....pay me or no care!!!

I cant believe people even think you would not notice. Its just SO rude.

I even buy ice creams out of my own pocket, I wouldnt mind but they are good ones!!! chocolate feasts! lol

maybe I should add that onto the bill too!!! grrrrr

I dont want to go through the hassle of my insurance ( with Morton Michel) but I really must put my foot down.

Lets see what tomorrow brings. glad Im not the only one getting wound up by these annoying non payers!

Still can't get over the rudeness!!!!!!

Oct 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Im very pleased to say that my late payer HAS PAID!!!! into my bank and including in advance for next week after half term. now I know she can pay online hopefully it will continue without the excuses.

It took 3 days more than said so Ill have to stress it will need to be done a couple of days before due to make sure its in my bank.

fingers crossed it continues.

sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Yay you have money, Grrrr for the long wait

June 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Well my slow payer improved for a couple of weeks, but now I've not been paid for last week, though apparently she's put the transfer through for November's fees. I am going to write a letter suggesting that I won't take a deposit (she hasn't yet paid it and I think this is where the problem is), but I won't work in arrears - so if I've not been paid I won't take him. Clear and unmistakable. It is only a small contract and this checking all the time to see if the money has arrived is driving me mad!

July 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

It's a shame we can't ask parents to provide references from previous carers isn't it?!

Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lottieslittlelambs View Post
    It's a shame we can't ask parents to provide references from previous carers isn't it?!
    Who says we can't? lol
    Looking at the amount of minders that experience late or non paying clients, I think asking for references is a rather good idea!
    I realise in practice this is unlikely to happen, but we're running a business, so I can't see that we shouldn't be allowed to ask.
    At least then, if there's a negative reaction from the potential parent we can be on our guard

July 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissie H View Post
    Who says we can't? lol
    Looking at the amount of minders that experience late or non paying clients, I think asking for references is a rather good idea!
    I realise in practice this is unlikely to happen, but we're running a business, so I can't see that we shouldn't be allowed to ask.
    At least then, if there's a negative reaction from the potential parent we can be on our guard
    Exactly! Or like when someone takes out credit, they (sometimes) have to have someone sign to pay on their behalf if they cant pay!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12