Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: What are the parents opinions

Some very good replies posted on here to your problem feml, so do stop read and digest before meeting your childminder to discuss your dilema and do chose your words very carefully as you don't want to rub her back up the wrong way like you did to some of us on here.

Please do come back and tell us what your childminder has to say, as we can always offer advice and support to you.
    Avril x

aug 07
    Post Thanks / Like

I have to say that i always have to laugh when people tell me that childminding isnt work, i do 8 am til 6pm sometimeslater and sometimes on weekends - therefore taking away my family time.
    i do not charge the earth and my work does not stop when the last child goes home-i have planning for next day/week and fill in anything for income/outgoings if necessary, at the moment i have one child after school til 6pm and so only getting £28 pw alot of people not dedicated to this job would of given by now.
    although i have no children at the moment does not mean i am sitting around doing nothing,ive got courses to go on and adverts to do to try and get myself heard of again.
    I decided on childminding as when i was at school iloved children and wanted to work with them somehow, then i got prenant and two childrenlater decided childminding was my way to go as id looked into orthe avenues and would have to pay a fortune to nursery which i didnt want as they would not get practically one to one care they would at home-back then before i looked into it properly i admit it look like the easy option as i did not realise how much was actually involved-i dont regret my decision either i love what i do and im gaining more qualifications then i would have otherwise.
    me and my partner although he works full time and does endless overtime in his job we are by no means rich, we live in a housing ass house which was awful a few weeks ago but gradually getting better, as i dont earn much my partner pays for everything and if he done no overtime we would not be able to pay our rent each month,when i did earn from a child 16-20 hours a week i was able to pay our rent of £90 a week but there wouldnt be any left.

i think people who think this is an easy job should try and do it as it is hard at times and the income is far from regular but on the good days can be very rewarding

people need to think before they put childminders down in what we do- feml and nana, where would you be if we were not around to care for your child? if i was your childminder i would be giving you notice.
    Marie.

Aug 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

well what can i say i dont want go on and make it long & to be honest most minders have aready said it all .while i can understand how difficult it may be for feml and her child care cost with her childminder ( which is between them to really ) to defend my self i have to i dont do it for the money i love working with children and do not have to stay at home and mind . icould go back to the nursery were i worked for many years i choose to do this carer

lots parents took their children out of nursery to go with me as i am cheeper and often able to give them what they need. but apart from every thing that has been mentioned . i have bought in one day for next week when mindees are on holls naturally sand pit £ 40 / bags of sand £5 / poster paint , brushes , spatualas sugar paper ect £ 30 /wendy house £30 plus cooking ingriedents and extra food . i have all the recipts for these .

does this sound like someone whos doing it for money sadly of course money makes the world go around x

Aug 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

ps also not sure if this has already been said but to say we dont care about the children we look after is very wronge , you only have to look around the forum and read a few posts to see we are not in it just for the money and we do care . some of mine are my s x

Nov 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Either a wind up or at least know each other.

If you parents are serious, have you checked out the prices a good nursery charge these days? I dont know about anyone else but around here childminders are cheaper than a good nursery and can offer a service just as good if not better and the children in our care get more one on one and social interaction with other children when we go to tots groups etc.

We do our job for a living and our homes can be turned upside down but we love it all the same, but dont you think we should get paid as much as any1 else? If we only have 1 child we get paid less than minimum wage and 2 children will only just be over and thats not even considering the expenses we occur...and as regards to the post above about do we have accountants as we seem to know what we can claim against....some do some dont. I personaly dont and use the NCMA guide book (for childminders) on what I can claim against tax.

Nov 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh and childcare is one of the lowest paid jobs. Its a job we do because we love it and care for the children like they were our own...Any1 who comes into the job thinking it will be great money and easy...then they are very wrong

sep 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

If these two ladies are genuine then why have they not replied!?

Latest Inspection Grade
    6 Excellent
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NikNak View Post
    If these two ladies are genuine then why have they not replied!?
    I think you'll find that one did come back and post again....

sep 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

oh yes I have just read it! Im still mad though!

I just dont get it, all her problems would be answered if she became a childminder herself , like Im sure many of the minders on this forum have done.

I was in the same situation going out to work and paying my childminder half my wages and getting no help towards costs. I also missed my children lots so the ideal and obvious answer was to become a childminder! x

Jan 84
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi, Have I read it wrong or is there a discrepancy of the amounts that fem is quoting on her reply in the amount the fees have supposed to change, it may be just me because I am finding it very hard to follow her words, but then I get easily confused these days, my age I think, although the Dr gave me a clean bill of health this morning, shame really because I could do with an excuse to have some time off even though I wouldn't be paid. Perhaps someone else could check the figures for me, also why won't she say what the hourly rate was and what it has supposedly gone up to?
    Teacake2

May 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by teacake2 View Post
    Hi, Have I read it wrong or is there a discrepancy of the amounts that fem is quoting on her reply in the amount the fees have supposed to change, it may be just me because I am finding it very hard to follow her words, but then I get easily confused these days, my age I think, although the Dr gave me a clean bill of health this morning, shame really because I could do with an excuse to have some time off even though I wouldn't be paid. Perhaps someone else could check the figures for me, also why won't she say what the hourly rate was and what it has supposedly gone up to?
    Teacake2
    You are right, it doesn't add up.
    Teacake, are you after my Miss Marple crown too?

Jinx x
    X JINX X

May 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    You are right, it doesn't add up.
    Teacake, are you after my Miss Marple crown too?

Jinx x
    I knew Miss Marple would sort it.
    Annie x

JUNE 06
    Post Thanks / Like

Fem i think if you would like our opinion it would help to know what you were and are charged hourly, your hours and such.

Post Thanks / Like

I am not going to harp on and flog a dead horse.

I think all the other minders have more than put the case across and very articulartly too.

I would just like to say i want to push the point of why hasnt feml discussed this issue with her childminder???

Feml you actively sing you childminders praises and say over and over how excellent she is and how the care your children recieve is excellent etc ect

however it would appear you do not feel comfortable in discussing this with said minder???

I have only put my hourly fees up once in 5 yrs and i had one parent querie it. As my main priority is the happiness and care of the child, i didnt think it was in the childs best interest to be placed elsewhere and therefore comprimsed (sp) with the parent and we came to a solution that everyone was happy with.

I sincerely feel if you were to express your feelings with your minder she would at leastknow how difficult you were finding things, and either be able to justify the increase (ie inline with area) or come to a compromise with you.
    Lou xx

aug 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have been reading this thread whilst still working (nearly 10pm) tonight parent is need of space and have been ask to have children from ss overnight and have drop everything to help out and will keep them tomorow as well, as a childminder I put the children and parent first and help out when ever possible,I have found that helping my parents and children out then they are very helpful towards me. I fill that my parents have resept for me an my job and would not change jobs with me for no amont of money(its their chldrenI look after)

Dec 200
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ma7ie View Post
    I have nothing to add other than maybe you should read your original post, then maybe you will see why the answers you received were as you put it "wicked and hurtful"

You reap what you sow.
    Totally agree!
    Big banana hugs from me!

xxx

May 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have respect for you too Sue. Well done. That must be hard work
    Annie x

May 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Just wondering if you spoke to your childminder and sorted anything feml?
    Annie x

Post Thanks / Like

me and my mum put our fees up every janureay 20p each new parent is told this when there come to look around. And parents are told this also when there sgin there new contracts.

my mum also wirte on contact that she will be puting them up in januray and how much it will be
    never had a problem

Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

if the parent thinks that childminders are overpaid she could always become a childminder

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast