what would you charge?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    june 92
    Post Thanks / Like

Default what would you charge?

Hi, i just wondered how others would charge for the following minding situation? I've been asked to have a baby next march. The hours are a bit difficult to work as it will be 3 days of 5 hours each day the first week, then the next week all she wants is 2 of the 3 days and only 2 hours each of those days. So i'm not able to use the space for any other child really. Also do i take some sort of deposit as place is available now. Any ideas would be great help. thanks

Apr 10
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

If it was us then we would charge a 50% retainer from now until March then regarding the hours we would charge 15 hours for both weeks because like you say the space is unavailable to others.

This is what we would do but everyone has differant ways of running their business it is all about finding what best suits you

Post Thanks / Like

TBH I'd probably tell this one to contact me again after Christmas to see if the space was still available. It sounds like a lot of hassle for a few hours work. I'd wait and see if something better came up.

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

sept 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

i would probaly always charge for 5 hours
    CWR

Jan 98
    Post Thanks / Like

I would charge for the whole space that she's taking up as, as you say you can't fill it can you, If she's serious and thinks you are worth it you'll pay and to be honest with the hours we put in ~ you are worth it