Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar '10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default looking after a 18mth old for a week

I currently look after a 18mth old 4 days a week 7-18:30. his parents both have to go on a business trip to canada in mid sept and they want me to mind him for that whole week - Im registered for overnight care so thats not an issue.

In my list of fees which they have, I charge £5 for normal hours £7.50 for out of hours (6:30pm onwards and my day off friday) £10 for overnight care.

but because its going to be for whole week (including a week end) that's going to work out loads. i just dont know how to broach the subject of the fees ! and want to say something like I assume your happy with my fees ? and see what they say ?

any advice welcomed x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm surprised parents didn't ask what your fee would be for the week

Have you actually agreed to do it?

I would write a letter outlining how it will work (what they will need to provide, who will be emergency contacts while they are out of the country etc etc) and at the same time include a breakdown of your fees. That way you are letting them know how much you are going to charge, but it doesn't look as if that's all you are writing to them about

It's definitely something that needs to be sorted out asap.

Mar '10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

great thanks, yes I knew i would have to get some additional permission forms and i already have the emergency contact details for the grandparents.

if i charge at my fees it will come to £1115.00 for the week he'll be with me !

we will be doing some practice nights first

Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by *Jigsaw* View Post
    I currently look after a 18mth old 4 days a week 7-18:30. his parents both have to go on a business trip to canada in mid sept and they want me to mind him for that whole week - Im registered for overnight care so thats not an issue.

In my list of fees which they have, I charge £5 for normal hours £7.50 for out of hours (6:30pm onwards and my day off friday) £10 for overnight care.

but because its going to be for whole week (including a week end) that's going to work out loads. i just dont know how to broach the subject of the fees ! and want to say something like I assume your happy with my fees ? and see what they say ?

any advice welcomed x
    They are asking a lot of you, they should pay accordingly. Don't sell yourself short.
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com

Aug 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I know someone who charges £300 per 24 hours of care.

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

hon, i'd want at least that amount to make it worth my while.
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got