Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Question what would you charge ?

Hello everyone

I'm hoping someone can help I have been asked to quote for 2 days care at 8 hours perday for a family of 4 bit worried about over pricing can I have some advice / ideas on amount please really need the work and don't want to scare them away

Thanks
    Michelle

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Look at the ages of the children - are they under 5? I would charge a full day for these

If they are over 5 but under 8 you are still restricting yourself to full timers but if they are over 8 you could reduce their costs

More information needed please for a more accurate answer
    Debbie

oct 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Default what would you charge?

Quote Originally Posted by DebbieS26 View Post
    Look at the ages of the children - are they under 5? I would charge a full day for these

If they are over 5 but under 8 you are still restricting yourself to full timers but if they are over 8 you could reduce their costs

More information needed please for a more accurate answer
    Hello Debbie

There are 3 under 5 and 1 under 8 I was thinking about full fee but just looked so much for one family to pay may be I'm just to cautious.

Post Thanks / Like

Think carefully - you would be putting all your eggs in one basket - if anything happened you would lose all of your income at once.

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by miffy View Post
    Think carefully - you would be putting all your eggs in one basket - if anything happened you would lose all of your income at once.

Miffy xx
    I agree with Miffy.

I'm going to be in this position soon myself. I've got 3 siblings due to finish in the summer holidays and my income will drop by around 85%.

Think about if you could manage financially for a while if this family did leave you - although the income will obviously be very good while you are minding them so this may be able to carry you through short term.

I would also make sure you have a 4 week settling in period. My experience has been that 3 very young siblings (my oldest mindee turned 3 in April) has been much harder work than 3 other mindees of similar ages from different families. Not saying that this family would be the same but at least you've got a means of getting out if it's looking this way!

Good luck with whatever you decide x
    Cazz x

mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi hun,

i dont think i would be offering a disount to be honest. you will have quite limited spaces for the rest of the week if you sign these up and might have to wait a while to find other mindees who can slot into your remainding 3 days.

xxxxx

Apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldnt be offering a discount either, they would have have to pay for childcare wherever they went and surely they would have an idea its going to be costly.

I agree with the suggestion about making it clear there is a 4 week settling period, cos it could turn out to be ok, but it could turn out to be really hard depending on how the children are

Good luck