Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Feb 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default How to charge if picking up from home?

Hi

I have a parent coming today to see me who does not drive. She would like me to come and pick up her daughter in mornings and drop off in afternoons. How and what should I charge for this, as it's going to be costing me petrol.
    Thank you

Jo

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I would be careful with this as you also need to think about if your car is off the road for any reason, other children and pick up times (and how many seats in your car), how far away it is as you cannot (I think) charge for the petrol as its something to do with being a taxi which you are not (am sure someone else will explain better), how many days a week you would be tied into this and how it would affect routines etc

Oct 05
    Post Thanks / Like

You can't charge for petrol, so I charge an extra hrs fees

Feb 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah, thank you. I hadn't realised I can't charge for petrol. I might charge and extra hours fee then.
    It is only for 1 or 2 days a week, as they are the only spaces I have free anyway.
    Thank you for mentioning about if my car was off the road, I will discuss this with mum

Jo x

Penny1959 Guest

I collect children from home and charge from time they enter my care. I do not charge for petrol and collection service is not part of the contract - so if for any reason I can not collect the child it is up to parent to get the child to me - and to pay full fee if sthey can't.

Penny