Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Aug 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fee's help please

Hi

I am in the process if registering and have already had an enquiry who is waiting for me to become registered the problem i am having is how much to charge ??

I was working on around about £3 per hr said child will be either coming :

7:30am - 9:00am Take to nursery
    11:30 Collect from nursery
    11:30 - 5:30pm

Do I just charge for a full day ? or take an amount off for the nursery attendance ?

Thanks

july 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi ,
    You need to think about how many spaces you have and what you need to earn from them after expenses, then you need to have a check round to find out what childminders are charging in your area, as it varies alot from area to area, even in the same town!

and whether they charge for nursery time; day or session or hourly rates etc whether food and outings are to be included or charged separately etc...

A common mistake at first is to underprice yourself and we generally learn the hard way to charge what we're worth so as not to resent it later on. It's alot easier to give a high quote and reduce it if the parent looks like they're going to faint with shock (have an alternative 'deal' ready), than it is to realise you've undercharged and try to increase it

Good luck, hope it all goes well for you

best wishes, Wendy

SEPT 97
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi i charge a full day £30.x

Post Thanks / Like

it depends on the family and what not... you kinda have to get the right feeling about it but for example I have charged in the past a low as £20 to as high as £35, also depends on you and your experience... it's difficult to say considering the governments TC cuts....

apr 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Would you be the main carer whilst the child was at school? For example, if the child got ill, or nursery had to shut for some reason, would you be the one to collect child?.... if so i would charge whilst they are at nursery, also how could you possibly fill the space from 9.30 till 11.30!!! Personally i charge £3.50 p/h and i would charge from 7.30 untill 5.30, so i would charge £35.00 xx... and everyone says i'm cheap, and dh says im too soft!! gd luck hun xx
    Last edited by butterfli; 24-04-2011 at 08:55 PM.

OCT 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I would charge £40 my usual rate for a day as I am keeping the space for them while they are are at pre school or nursery

Allie

Post Thanks / Like

I would charge the full day.

You didn't say but if the nursery is attached to school then what would happen in the holidays? If they would need you to care for the child then I would definitely charge for a full day.

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!