Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default MORE HELP...IM NEW!!!!

Hi
    Im so sorry if this has been gone over a million times but Im new to this and just wondered if anyone could help me??Im a teacher who is in final stages of registration...waiting for visit. Want to have everything set up but am struggling wth fees. The norm in our area is between £28 and £30 a day 9am-5pm but its all the extra hours...someone has said interested when I get up and running but would want to drop her son off at 7am...could I charge £5 per hour until 9am?she only wants me to have him til 12 so half a day so would I add on my half day fee which would prob be around £18???just seemed alot just for the morning.
    Also if I were to do school drop offs/pick ups for other children would you recommend charging by the hour or a lump sum total?sorry if sounds confusing...

thanks so much

oct2004
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I would charge the half day plus extra for before 7.45 as that is my usual starting time.

I charge £10 fee for before and after school.

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

thanks for replying

Nov2000
    Post Thanks / Like

I charge overtime rates for anything earlier than 8am or after 6pm. I charge normal rates for before and after school but it's subject to a minimum of £5 a day ~ so if I only have a child for an hour before school they would pay £5!
    Hope that helps
    x

Penny1959 Guest

It is up to you what you charge and what you feel comfortable with charging / need to charge.

Personally I have found that these days parents often work shifts / have a lot of travelling to do. Therefore I open from 5:30 until 7pm as my standard hours and parents pay either £3 per hour or £25 for a day which is any 10 hour period between the opening hours.

My 'overtime' rate is £4 per hour. Although if babysitting at child's house after 7pm it stays at £3 until 10pm.

Penny

June 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I would charge my normal min fee of £20 and then in this situation prob charge an extra hour for the earlier start.
    Dont forget to consider that if you have a pick up at 12 every day then its going to affect how far afield you can go if you have a day out or visit somewhere. I have a mindee that comes 10.30-2.30 5 days I would never have a child that finished any earlier unless they were prepared to pick their child up from where I am (or drop them off for that matter)

x Sarah x