Could you help me out?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    May 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Could you help me out?

I have a lady coming to see me today at 4 with her 3 children.

There are 2 boys at primary school that need after school care on a Monday and Wednesday till 5/5.30 and their little brother (18 months old) who will be dropped off on the Monday and Wednesday at 2/2.30 and picked up at the same time as his brothers.

What do I do regarding a deposit?

It's just term time only.

Thanks
    JoJo x

Pipsqueak Guest

Default Re: Could you help me out?

I would perhaps take two weeks worth of deposit based on what you charge.

are you going to charge a retainer for holiday periods?
    don't forget to talk about bank and public holidays as well as school closures and inset days.

good luck

May 10
    Post Thanks / Like

I spoke to her on the phone about a retainer for holidays and said I wouldn't charge one. Not sure if that was the right thing to do.

I think she mentioned something about having 4 weeks on and 4 weeks off as she works at a after school club every 4 weeks. Would she pay to hold the spaces for the weeks she doesn't need my care so long as they are not in the holidays?
    JoJo x

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

i think if you have already not charged for hols, you should charge for the other term time weeks - would be hard to fill them with any other mindees.
    Happy to be back with the Greenies

July 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

for term time only contracts i charge half my normal fee during school hols for under 5s to hold open their space. i do not charge a holiday retainer for over 5s.

my deposit would depend when they were going to start. if it was soon i wouldn't bother - if you already have the space you may have to think about a retainer depending on how long you expect to hold the space.

I would definately charge something for the weeks she isn't going to use as you can't fill that space. definately for the under 5 as they're our main income.

You can always go back on what you've said explaining that now you've had time to think about all her requirements. From experience i've found it's best just to say how much you expect from the first instance otherwise you end up regretting it and having to give notice later.
    Like my ideas on Facebook 'Play, naturally'