Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    June 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 1 day per week for 6 hours....

what would you charge as its 11am-5pm.?

There may be a chance that they may want to increase to more days in the future???

x Sarah x

may 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 1 day per week for 6 hours....

I would charge my full day fee as it would be unlikely I would get a mindee from 8am till 11 am.
    Some may charge a higher hrly fee, we're all different on our charges!
    Carol xx

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I think I'd go with the higher hourly fee.

I'm going to do this now as more and more people are looking for shorter days.

I've got a full day rate of £4.50 for anything over 7 hours per days. Then £5/hour for anything less than that with a minimum of 4 hours per day.

Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

Gosh! I'm cheap then, just signed a 10 month old up for one day a week for 8hrs at £3.50 so £28.
    But from the new year they may need extra days which I'll be able to offer them as by then the child will be over 12 months old
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com

Penny1959 Guest

I offer parents the choice - either full day and they have option to use the extra hours (ie 8 -11) if they wish. Or a higher hourly rate.

I would also point out that a 11 am start may mean they have to drop the child to me wherever I am as we may go out in the morning.

Because my daily rate offers excellent value - most opt to send all day - which suits me as then I don't have to worry about different drop off times.

Penny

Apr 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD!!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Juggler View Post
    I think I'd go with the higher hourly fee.

I'm going to do this now as more and more people are looking for shorter days.

I've got a full day rate of £4.50 for anything over 7 hours per days. Then £5/hour for anything less than that with a minimum of 4 hours per day.
    I had never thought of charging like this but think its a good idea. I may do that with new parents from now on Feel an update to fees policy coming on

Jo x
    Brrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by misst104 View Post
    I had never thought of charging like this but think its a good idea. I may do that with new parents from now on Feel an update to fees policy coming on

Jo x
    me too! haven't actually implemented it yet but someone's just asked for 3 hours once a week. These enquiries are becoming more and more common round this way

Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I must say I like some of the ideas on here! I may have to look at changing mine too!

Glad I read this thread

xxx

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I charge by the hour wether its one or fifty hours a week. I charge one rate for 0-20hrs and a slightly lower one by 50p per hour for 21+ hours a week. I do not reduce for a whole day or a whole week it is the same rate for all.

I then have the choice to take on a child or not depending on the space I have.

I wouldn't feel right charging for a full day if only half was used or being in a position in that the parent could arrive and expect me to have the child from say 9-5pm instead of the normal 1-5pm because they have paid me for the whole day. IYSWIM

Sept 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I charge £6.50 /hr from 12-6pm ,child comes 3 days a week.Its only 18hrs a week ,takes up full time place ,inconvenient drop of time ,although mum happy to drop child of locally.Child only started in September as wouldnt have considered these hours over summer,(this was explained to mum).

People are starting to ask for different drop of times where i live ,as well as evenings and weekends.Someone asked me last week for 3-10pm for 1yr and 3yr old ,5 days a week ,when i told her i worked from 0630 and couldnt work till 10pm she said but i thought you loved looking after kids ,well yes i do but not 16.5hr days and i do have a life outside work.I dont think some people think.

June 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your replies, I think im going to go with my normal fees, so Im gonna charge by the hour my normal hourly rate that way if someone was to come along wanted the morning slot I can fill it without worrying about the other mindee I think I would prefer for them just to come the same time every day rather than chopping and changing.

With regard to meeting me where I am as its in the middle of the day, I started off saying I would meet them at mine, but after thinking some more I realised it wasnt fair on exsisting mindee to stop her going to a playgroup she loves and so new parents have agreed to drop lo to me at playgroup - so that works out well

x Sarah x

Dec 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I just charge for the hours as I enjoy having that bit of time in the morning with smaller numbers
    Paula

May 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    CC 4's & 5's
    Post Thanks / Like

I would just charge my normal hourly rate £3.50 per hour.

If you have a chance of more hours and days great. But I wouldn't turn away the work or risk not getting them by charging from 8am.
    Me x