Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Nov 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Charges while at playgroup

Hi all,

I'm a newbie - I have a little one starting soon and we've just signed a contract etc and I can't wait for him to start.

Problem is, I've just realised he'll be in playgroup for 2 hours during the day - do I charge? (we didn't discuss this and I feel rubbish having to go back and say I do charge as she probably presumes not).

His grandparent lives nearby and would probably be called if there was an emergency. But it would be impossible to fill those 2 hours

Any advice???

jun 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Charges while at playgroup

Personally I do charge because they are taking up a space that I couldnt fill. I do tell parents that if I did manage to fill that space then I wouldnt charge - but then I wouldnt be the emergency contact either.

I've never had any issues with any parents about it. The way most of them have looked at is that if their child couldnt come to me, they wouldnt be able to go to the playgroup anyway cos they would have to go to a different minder or nursery in town!

Hthx

sep 07
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a lo starting nursery in January and I have agreed with parents that they pay half rate for the 2 and half hours lo is at nursery. I just explained that as I would be dropping him off and collecting and would be the emergency contact that I would need to charge and also as they would still need me to have him in the holidays I could not fill the space. I was dreading having to tell them but they were great about it.

Post Thanks / Like

I used to charge half, but it is only a difference of £5.25/week (mindee only goes one day) so I now charge full fee if a child is at nursery. I have to take and pick up, and cannot fill the space while they are there as it will be needed in the holidays, so I think its fair!!! Not had any complaints so far