Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Dec 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default high school mindee fees?

One of my mindees has now gone to high school and from next week she will be walking back to my house on her own after school. Mum has asked me to keep her for half an hour each night until she (mum) gets in. She doesnt want her going home alone which is fine. However as I am no longer picking her up from junior school and only seeing her for half an hour I'm not sure what to charge. What do you all think? Also another mindee (7) has started coming in the mornings. She's not having breakfast but arriving just as we leave for school so she can walk with us. Initially mum thought it would be free as in her mind she wasn't technically coming to mine in the mornings but mum thought mindee would prefer to walk with me, and as I was going anyway!!!It's only a 5 min walk but I must now charge as it's become regular.But how much? Again I'd be grateful for any advice. Thanks so much. xxx
    Julie X X

Dec 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: high school mindee fees?

I would charge a minimum of 1 hour for each child. The 7 year old is still in your numbers too so is taking up a place.

mar 97
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

My personal stance is that I charge a minimum of a two hour session per day (I charge £3.50 per hour). That usually puts off the mums who think "well, she's going to school anyway. Yes, I am but that's my job and what I am paid to do.I liken it to asking someone to do your shopping if they work in a supermarket.... as they would be going anyway!!! If it's only once in a while with no contract as such I have been known to say £5 but that it's at my discretion.Good luck with sorting it

May '09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I care for two children who are in Year 7, though we have middle schools here.

One boy is only here for 0-20 minutes each morning as he waits for a taxi to transport him to school. The other comes a couple of afternoon's a week.

I charge a minimum of 1 hour for morning mindee and per hour for the afternoon mindee.

For child arriving independently, make sure you draw up an appropriate policy.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

If under 8 I would charge my normal fee but the high school I would charge a nominal £5
    Debbie

Dec 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DebbieS26 View Post
    If under 8 I would charge my normal fee but the high school I would charge a nominal £5
    £5 is my normal fee.x.
    Julie X X