Am I getting done over? (again)
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Am I getting done over? (again)

I have a minded boy who's mother works 12hr shifts 3 days wk. I have agreed to keep a place free for him everyday but she must send him (or pay for min 3 Days) I never know what day he's going to come until the last day he's with me. She pays at the end of each week as she claims tax credits.

She's not been reliable from the start. A few times I've got up at 6am to wait for his 7am arrival & they've not turned up. At present she owes me £350 for work done which she said that she would settle at the end of the month.

Yesterday she calls me and said that she has a 'problem' and she is sending her kid back to her home contry for 2 months and she wants to cancel the contract from the end of this week. I reminded her of our 4 week agreement. She said 'the thing is Tax credits wont pay because he's out of the contry'. I told her that it doesnt matter about TC I still have to be paid.

My gut is telling me that she wants to keep the Tax creidit money for herself.

Do you think I'm right? Surely tax credits will pay if she is having to pay?

How does everyone manage to get people to pay upfront fee's?

Dec 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Am I getting done over? (again)

Tax credits will continue to pay for 4 weeks if she tells them she is paying notice. It does sound like she is keeping it.
    Paula

jun 09
    Post Thanks / Like

If a child is out of the country then tax credits may not pay. Ring tax credits for information on 0845 300 3900. xx

May 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    CC 4's & 5's
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Am I getting done over? (again)

Will she be sending child back to you when he comes back in to the country?

I would phone tax credits.

But if she did want to send child back to you after he comes back I would say no to be honest and try and fill the space with somebody who will either fill 5 days or go for set days.
    Me x

Sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

It really annoys me when people blame Tax Credits for not paying or paying late . If they are waiting for Tax Credits they must use their own money. Tescos won't wait until benifts have appeared in a customers account so neither should we.
    Why hasn't Gary Barlow come to my rescue yet?