What was the outcome of your fee increase?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    Feb 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    MET
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: What was the outcome of your fee increase?

I put mine up from £3.50 - £3.75 an hour no parents objected or even commented on the rise. I wrote to them all three months in advance, and then reminded them in my last newsletter.
    Charlotte
    I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand

FEB09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

One of my parents asked me if I was increasing my fees as they have been with me for 12 months!!! I replied YES without really having a figure in my head, then sat down that evening and worked it all out, I came back with an increase of 25p per hour and it was accepted without any fuss. I have another parent who is coming up to 12 months with me, so thinking about the same increase, but this time putting it in writing and giving them a months notice of increase to be fair.
    Sandy
    xx

aug 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

hi,
    when ive increased my hourly rate in the past, the parents have been fine with it. ive just explained why, eg increase in food, petrol prices etc and they just paided

Apr 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have been minding for 11 years and have opted not to do a yearly automatic increase in fees. Instead i have increased fees with new customers over the years. I started at £2 per hour 11 years ago and moved it up to £2.50 about five years ago and thhen moved to current £3 per hour about three years ago.

One of my parents once increased my rate for me a few years ago. She came and decided on an increase for the overnight care and day rate i was charging. I tried to object but she was adamant. She is a lovely exceptional customer though and is my longest standing customer.
    I'm not paranoid - the world IS out to get me!

Nov 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

One of my parents once increased my rate for me a few years ago. She came and decided on an increase for the overnight care and day rate i was charging. I tried to object but she was adamant. She is a lovely exceptional customer though and is my longest standing customer.
    Wow! Thats the kind of parents you need eh!

bexcee Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Daftbat View Post
    I have been minding for 11 years and have opted not to do a yearly automatic increase in fees. Instead i have increased fees with new customers over the years. I started at £2 per hour 11 years ago and moved it up to £2.50 about five years ago and thhen moved to current £3 per hour about three years ago.

What a lovely person, obviously felt you deserved a pay rise

I haven't put my fees up but as there are so many childminders where I live and am I desperate for work I daren't for risk of losing any potential business to other minders. I charge at the lower end of what the other childminders charge and want to keep it that way for now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12