Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Why dont tax credits pay us direct!!!!

I must attract these people!!! I am so fed up with the way that tax credits pay childcare!!!

I have 1 parent who has a 2 yr old a 4 yr old and a 6 yr old , the 2 yr old comes to me 23 hours a week and the 6 yr old comes 4 hours a week. The 4 yr old used to come to me 23 hors a week bt mm says tax credits have redced the amont they pay so she has redced her childcare to the amont they state! I know she is claimin the full wack on my number! Anyway she is now behind 2 weeks on her money!

Another parent decided to jst leave her job the other week , contined to send child here without telling me she left her job , and now this week has jst left me , withot word or warning , or paying me for last week! great!!!

So anyway now ive vented what I wanted to say was WHY do tax credits not pay us direct , these things would then not happen! They can pay housing benefit direct so why not childcare! its really does annoy me!!!!

anybody else need to vent????

I think we should do a petition thingy and send it to David Cameron! Surely that would save the government some money! There must be thousands playing the system!!!!

sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Why dont tax credits pay us direct!!!!

Im a bit peed off today if you hadnt noticed

July 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I total agree i had someone walk out and carried on claim tax credits for months afterwards.
    ****** cheek. whats worst they live around corner so always seeing them while out shopping etc

~Chelle~ Guest

I know what you mean, the only ones that benefit are the parents.

I had a parent before who openly told me that she claimed £90.00 per week, well she only paid me £50.00 per week and this was the same rate I charged for her child all year round. Therefore she was making £160.00 a month out of the tax credits system!

It would be a whole lot easier if they paid us direct, at least it would take some of the stress away.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I only have one parent at the moment who gets tax credits to pay her childcare. She's admitted to other people that she claims way more than she pays me and, even though her child finishes with me this week, she said she's going to continue claiming as it "doesn't seem worth phoning them up as she might want to use childcare again in the future"

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

problem is, if they paid us direct we might then have no option but to wait for the payments whereas, we still have option to tell parents it is their responsibility to pay us regardless of when they receive their tax credits.

sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I see what you mean, bt my parents are getting it and not paying me! I know exactly when they get their tax credits , Im jst not seeing it , at least if they paid us direct we would definatlely be getting it!

How long do i continue caring for this child knowing that mums getting tax credits to pay me and im not getting paid for my care??? If I give her notice what is the likelyhood of me getting my money at all???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LittleStar's View Post
    I must attract these people!!! I am so fed up with the way that tax credits pay childcare!!!

I have 1 parent who has a 2 yr old a 4 yr old and a 6 yr old , the 2 yr old comes to me 23 hours a week and the 6 yr old comes 4 hours a week. The 4 yr old used to come to me 23 hors a week bt mm says tax credits have redced the amont they pay so she has redced her childcare to the amont they state! I know she is claimin the full wack on my number! Anyway she is now behind 2 weeks on her money!

Another parent decided to jst leave her job the other week , contined to send child here without telling me she left her job , and now this week has jst left me , withot word or warning , or paying me for last week! great!!!

So anyway now ive vented what I wanted to say was WHY do tax credits not pay us direct , these things would then not happen! They can pay housing benefit direct so why not childcare! its really does annoy me!!!!

anybody else need to vent????

I think we should do a petition thingy and send it to David Cameron! Surely that would save the government some money! There must be thousands playing the system!!!!
    I believe she will still get tax credits for 4 weeks after finishing work so she should still have the money to pay you.

I now get parents to sign a form saying the last day I cared for their child and that they understand it is their responsibility to tell HMRC that they are no longer paying me - at least that way I'm covered.

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes thats right , I have had one before who got the 4 weeks pay off tax credits and she payed me no probs

Bt this one that has just left , I dont think i will see a penny of that ,

I think that is a good idea getting them to sign, I also think it would help if we could tell tax credits who we look after and how much we charge them . i tried to call them but yo cant do it.

The system is far to easy to scam once they have our registration number

Post Thanks / Like

The system is far to easy to scam once they have our registration number
    I agree and it's all to easy to get hold of our URN's these days.

The system could do with a good shake up - hubby and I are still getting claim forms every year and our youngest is 23!!!!!!!!!!!

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

TheBTeam Guest

I think that is a good idea getting them to sign, I also think it would help if we could tell tax credits who we look after and how much we charge them . i tried to call them but yo cant do it.
    I was just thinking that i ought to be calling them as I would lay money that there are people with my details claiming, and some that are using me that are claiming more than they pay me, in my 7 years of minding I have had one call about 6 years ago asking if one parent used me, this was the first parent that had claimed using my number and i have had loads since, but not one call to check any of them!

Mar 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    Friend
    Post Thanks / Like

i had a parent going to sign up with me until she told me she was still claiming from a childminder in leeds after she had told me she has lived back up here 6 months before she drives a lovely BMW

so i told her i was full and reported her and the other 2 i thought were using my number i hope they pay big time

sounds harsh but they knew what they were doing so its there fault
    One life live it

Mar 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    Friend
    Post Thanks / Like

and our urns are on the osted website for all and sundry to see
    One life live it

june 90
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a parent who claimed for over 9 month and I didn't look after her child she was using my number, what a cheek

Nov 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Juggler View Post
    problem is, if they paid us direct we might then have no option but to wait for the payments whereas, we still have option to tell parents it is their responsibility to pay us regardless of when they receive their tax credits.
    Also tax credits are paid on your previous years earnings. As anyone who had claimed tax credits knows if your earnings increase by more than a certain amount then you have to repay tax credits, if the childcare element had been paid direct to us then i think this could be a big problem

Cx

Feb 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have no idea if any of my parents receive financial support. Sorry if I am being 'thick' but how would I know? Would I have been asked to fill in or sign some forms??

Nov 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Millenium View Post
    I have no idea if any of my parents receive financial support. Sorry if I am being 'thick' but how would I know? Would I have been asked to fill in or sign some forms??
    No you would not have been asked to fill in or sign any forms. Armed with your names and address and ofsted number parents can apply for financial support to help towards childcare costs

Cx

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tups View Post
    I had a parent who claimed for over 9 month and I didn't look after her child she was using my number, what a cheek
    I had the same happen last year

When I called tax credits they said it had to be the parent that called ( yeah like she was going to call and say she was claiming for nothing )

Angel xx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angeldelight View Post
    When I called tax credits they said it had to be the parent that called ( yeah like she was going to call and say she was claiming for nothing )

Angel xx
    This is the big problem, isn't it? I think it would be OK paying the money straight to parents if the IR contacted us now & again to check what the parents are paying (I've been contacted once in all the years I've been minding).
    But, more importantly, they should take notice of us when we phone to say parents are no longer paying us, or when we think parents are over claiming.

How much money must have been paid out in fraudulent claims over the years I'm hoping this new government will look into it closely as part of their money saving measures

Jan 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Id rather not have the payments made direct to me, as if there is an overpayment id be responsible for paying it back.
    IS BACK

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast