Advice on charges
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Jun 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Advice on charges

I have only recently sent off my application to become registered so am very new to this. A friend has asked me when i'm registered if I could care for her child for 1 hour before playgroup and for 1 hour afterwards, so a total of 2 hours a day at £3 an hour including breakfast and lunch. As the only 2 hours she requires include meal times I am wondering if I should do an additional charge of 50p for each meal?

May 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Advice on charges

Quote Originally Posted by HandD View Post
    I have only recently sent off my application to become registered so am very new to this. A friend has asked me when i'm registered if I could care for her child for 1 hour before playgroup and for 1 hour afterwards, so a total of 2 hours a day at £3 an hour including breakfast and lunch. As the only 2 hours she requires include meal times I am wondering if I should do an additional charge of 50p for each meal?
    what times does she want you to have lo ?

AUG 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HandD View Post
    will you be taking her to and from playgroup? as i would be charging for the time she is there too

x x x
    Jennie x x

July 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Agree wiht others. Would charge for playgroup time. Also 50p not a lot for meals. Hmm, working with friends can be difficult I would imagine. It's bad enough with strangers tryiing to explain fees, I find!

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

i would explain to your friend that if you do this it will prevent you from taking on a child who could be with you for a full-day. I have done this in the past but told the parents I would charge a minimum half day fee (I charged them for 4 hours).

I would charge her whatever you plan to charge for anyone else per hour. Tell her you will do it for now and that if someone comes along needing the place you will offer her the option to continue and to pay you for a minimum of 4/5 hours per day or to find an alternative option so you can take on the full day child.

I would also charge a minimum of £1.50/day for food.

Jun 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for your help, could you please also advise if you round fees up to the nearest half hour or full hour?

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I do nearest half hour once it's over my daily minimum hours

June 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I would also charge for the time the child is at playgroup. You will be using a whole mornings session and only being paid for 2hrs of it.
    At £3hr I would also be charging extra for meals.
    Toothfairy

Dec 10
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree