charging for early drop off - taking advantage
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default charging for early drop off - taking advantage

i have LO who comes at 8, however after a few weeks parents dropped him off at 7:40/7:45 so i asked them did they want to change contracted hours - they said no as they just thought i was rounding up the time to the hour - to which i asked them would they work an extra 20 mins a day without getting paid plus its anti social hours

so do you think its ok if i charge £3.50 for the half hour time so they could bring him from 7:30 onwards and i get paid for the time i have to look after him?

this childminding is not easy

Registered Childminder since
    Sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: charging for early drop off - taking advantage

I would tell them that you need to review times and fees with them. As for rounding hours tell them that means rounding back to 7.30 not up to 8.00 and you will be charging £3.50 for anti social hours.
    Why hasn't Gary Barlow come to my rescue yet?

may 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I am glad I am not the only one. Door bell went at 7.48 due to start at 8, luckily I was ready! I said they were early and I would be charging them extra "only 5 mins" said Dad, "10!" I said, sounded petty but I have to prove my point. 15 mins early the week before last. I charge per full hour, so tempted just to put a full hour on their bill.

Though if he keeps doing it then I will do the same as if he was 15 mins late and charge him the £10 late fee.

I think an email to to him explain may be in order...

Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

My parents drop their child off at 7.45am, but I charge from 7.30am, works well for both of us as sometimes she picks up later but always within the 15 mins.
    I only charge full or half hours, no quarters.
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for replies - after this kep happening i got cross one morning and was slow to answer door thankfully i was ready.

i opened door and said he was early and i was not expecting him for another 15 mins - mother was not even apologetic, later on she said she would pick him up at 5 on the button not a minute more - so there and then i decided to charge for the extra time

grrrr