Easter holiday care
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    APR 06
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Easter holiday care

Hi i have a parent that asked a few weeks ago if i could have their child over the Easter holidays as their normal hours are after school i said yes this is fine with me. The parent has know came back to me to say i am not needed for four days of the holiday as they are using a holiday club as the child is going with a friend. I was a little surprised that they have decided to do this and am know thinking that it is a lot of money to lose. Can i still charge something or do i have to leave it that i do not get paid?

mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good:-)
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Easter holiday care

Has she signed a contract with with regards to the holidays? If she has, then you could ask her for a fee. If not its up to you i suppose. Im not sure what i would do. sorry, not much help.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi if she is not contracted for holiday's then not much you can do about it. How cheeky of her, i would be tempted to tell her that you can fill the full two weeks so can't reserve the other remaining days for her!

But then again i have been known to cut off my nose to spite my face!

Would ask her though if she is likely to want to use you in future holidays and if so get her contract changed so this can't happen again.

HELEN10

Post Thanks / Like

Unless you have it in writing I think you would find it difficult to charge anything for the days this parent no longer wants.

I'd have a chat with her though and let her know you are not happy. Make sure in future that any agreement is in writing so she can't mess you about

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

TheBTeam Guest

I would explain that you have held the days for her so obviously although you can not charge you are not able to hold days in future without payment in case she pulls out.

I have one mum who has done this in the past, so know as soon as she asks for the days, I give her a written confirmation of the dates booked and state clearly on it that these days have been booked and payment is to be made whether child attends or not as place has been reseved.

This did the trick, well at least the last time anyway!

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

my policy states that adhoc hours must be paid for on booking and are nonrefundable . Not sure you can do anything if this was just a verbal agreement but I would make sure she knew how unhappy i was about it!

Post Thanks / Like

I too think that it would be difficult to charge unless it was in the contract

I would also be rather annoyed about it

think it is a good idea as others have said to say that adhoc hours must be paid in advance / non refundable

think this is something I will be doing - especially with long summer hols coming up

ah you poor thing. How annoying for you!

x
    a mummy to a new puppy! My lovely King Charlie!