Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Chicken pox!!

Registered Childminder since
    feb 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Chicken pox!!

I've only had my first mindee for 2weeks and shes got chicken pox!! I dont know what to do, according to my policy i should ask that she stays home till shes well but still charge full rate!! Just feel awfull doing that after only 2 weeks, and especially when the only risk is to my own children (as no other mindees) and they've probably allready caught it!!!

oct 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Chicken pox!!

when my son went to nursery they said he could go back in once spots ad all scabbed over , but endded up ringing everyone after about 3 days as the whole nursery went down with them said as long as they seemed well enough they would except them back in, personally i would take in if i had no other children as long as they were not really ill with them..
    Dust its Fairy Dust

feb 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Thats what i thought, i dont mind her coming as like i say i think she'll have allready passed it to my kids anyway, but dont want mum thinking then my policy means nothing and she can come with all illnesses in future!! (also not looking forward to a 1yr and 2 2yr olds all with pox!!!)

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by samkeddy View Post
    Thats what i thought, i dont mind her coming as like i say i think she'll have allready passed it to my kids anyway, but dont want mum thinking then my policy means nothing and she can come with all illnesses in future!! (also not looking forward to a 1yr and 2 2yr olds all with pox!!!)
    There is no saying your children will get it. Personally I wouldn't have her until they have all scabbed over. It puts you on the spot whenever she is ill.

Start as you mean to go
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree start as you mean to go on, as far as illness is concerned you need to think about how a nursery would act, they would stick to their policy and charge.
    Why hasn't Gary Barlow come to my rescue yet?

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Fussy Elmo too. If you accept you will need to stay away from groups, or other places especially careful around places with pregnant mums.

feb 10
    Post Thanks / Like

good point juggler i didnt think about that dont fancy been house bound all week.
    But jst another question if i exclude then it turns out my kids have allready caught it will i have to stay closed till their better even tho mindee has allready had it?

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by samkeddy View Post
    good point juggler i didnt think about that dont fancy been house bound all week.
    But jst another question if i exclude then it turns out my kids have allready caught it will i have to stay closed till their better even tho mindee has allready had it?
    if your children get it, then you can give your mindees parents the choice to come or not to come.