Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default advice please on goverment funded space

hello was wondering what you would do ive had lo since was 7 months old now is nearly 3yrs mum said didnt want lo to go nursery ie: 15hrs free goverment funded space so took for granted i had space filled now mum is saying she may send lo in sept i have said to her her payment will stay the same as she does 8-3.30 normally and would be taking up my full time space and i am on call if any problems with nursery am i right to say this? i also personnally dont think lo is ready for this as she doesnt mix well and is very emotional i have exspressed this but dont want mum to think im making up excusses not to send she has now said she has spoken to tax creds and its to complicated to send to nursery and they exsplained i did not have to keep her space? sorry to rant but this parent has got me she asked me to do my nvq3 to acheive being able to get the goverment funding so lo could stay with me ive been doing now and nearly finished and she hasnt mentioned this so good job was interested in doing this for myself as she really did push
    Im just a littlestar *

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: advice please on goverment funded space

I have two little ones who start nursery in sept. I can't offer the funded hours as we've no accredited network here. They are going to nursery but I'm taking them, dropping them off and picking them up again. I will be charging for the whole day as they are taking up two of my spaces.

Explain to mum that you're unable to fill the space for 2 1/2 hours whilst her lo is at nursery. Otherwise, if she needs to use the free funded to reduce childcare fees, she can investigate if they have wraparound care and you could advertise now, hopefully filling the space in Sept. Just make sure she knows if that happens that you won't be able to take him to nursery in the morning either.