Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default retainers /depoists

hi as i be starting minding in summer so i really need to no wot im doing
    this website has been a godsend to me so without asking i wont no lol
    only thing im bit unsure about is retainer /depoists call me thick lol
    retainers -this is to keep a place open ?am i rite ?once u take a retainer the space is defo promised to that person ?example u take retainer in june but they start in aug u cant fill that space for jun to aug cos its been promised ,am i rite

depoists can u tell me how it works pls? if some paid one say for example in jun but wants start in aug do i have keep that place free for them ?
    thanks for help x

Nov 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: retainers /depoists

This is how I see it and how I explain it to my parents.

Deposits

To secure a place, a non-returnable deposit needs to be paid if a space is not currently available but will be when the family wish to start. This amount is to be taken off their first bill

Retainer Fees

If a family require you to hold a place for a period of time you may ask them to pay a retainer of half fees up until the place is taken. This will be non-returnable and is to keep the place. If they choose not to pay the retainer, the space may be given to another family.

july 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: retainers /depoists

Quote Originally Posted by topchick_dav View Post

Deposits

To secure a place, a non-returnable deposit needs to be paid if a space is not currently available but will be when the family wish to start. This amount is to be taken off their first bill

Retainer Fees

If a family require you to hold a place for a period of time you may ask them to pay a retainer of half fees up until the place is taken. This will be non-returnable and is to keep the place. If they choose not to pay the retainer, the space may be given to another family.
    Hi ,
    i'd agree with this explanation, except I once took a deposit for siblings: one full time, one part time. i took a 4 week deposit, but when it came to the time for the contract to start, the family's situation had changed and they didn't need me any more, but did want me to work for the '4 weeks they had paid for', which is the way they saw it.... even though I'd not been able to fill those spaces for the 3 months before the start date .

If I take a deposit now it'll be refundable only against the final 4 weeks, on condition the place(s) are taken up and continued for a certain amount of time...

hope this helps... I'm sure there was a simpler way to say it but I'm very tired......

bws,
    Wendy

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: retainers /depoists

Quote Originally Posted by topchick_dav View Post

Deposits

Retainer Fees

thanks correct me if im wrong u only take depoist if a space isnt aviable at present?