1 months retainer..is this right??
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    aly Guest

Default 1 months retainer..is this right??

i asked earlier about mum working 2 days but they would be different days every week so you lovely ladies said a retainer of half amount would be right.

so if she wants a place in May and I charge her a months retainer would i wourk out the weekly amount x52 / 12 to find themonthly amount???

I have never had a contract made this way as the ones i've had started straightaway.

xxx

Registered Childminder since
    july 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: 1 months retainer..is this right??

Hi Aly,
    Personally, if I was taking this on, I would either charge a full month's fees as deposit, refundable against the final month's fees should the contract go ahead and continue after the settling in period, or if I for some reason had to pull out of the arrangement.... but non refundable should they pull out or not continue after the settling in period. or a retainer of half fees for the whole period between now and the start date.

Don't know about the monthly payments, I always work everything out 4 weekly, or if people want to pay on a certain day each month, e.g. 1st, I count how much minding their contracted hours will be and charge enough to cover this. Just to make sure i have always been paid in advance for childcare.

hope someone else can help

Good luck,
    Wendy