Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Feb 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile School weeks and Holiday weeks

Hi all

Can anyone tell me please how many school weeks there are in a year and how many holiday weeks?

I am in North Lincolnshire area if that makes a difference (which i did not think would!)

I am trying to find out so as i can charge my monthly parents that require holiday cover the same amount each month, Is this a good idea?!!!!!! has anyone been caught out by this method.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Chrissie250

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: School weeks and Holiday weeks

Quote Originally Posted by chrissie250 View Post
    Hi all

Can anyone tell me please how many school weeks there are in a year and how many holiday weeks?

I am in North Lincolnshire area if that makes a difference (which i did not think would!)

I am trying to find out so as i can charge my monthly parents that require holiday cover the same amount each month, Is this a good idea?!!!!!! has anyone been caught out by this method.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Chrissie250
    Our local School had 14 weeks and two days last year (summer hols was a whopping 7wks 2days!)

I have a parent that i do this for as she didn't want to have to find the extra in the holidays as she is not very good with money. It works out fine. I just worked out the cost of term time and added the cost of hols and divided by 52. Any hols i have i don't charge for so i then would just transfer money back into her account for that week(s).

HELEN10

Nov 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Just had a look on Lincs County Council website for you and all the info is there

http://www.lincolnshire.gov.uk/section.asp?docId=27358

it lists all the school holidays for 2008 - 2009, 2009 - 2010 and 2010 - 2011

Cx

feb 91
    Post Thanks / Like

I generally work on 38 weeks in school and 14 weeks holiday including inset days.
    Many parents like to work this way as WFTC will pay the same each week and no huge bills in holidays.
    However, when I had several schoolies I seemed to be paying out more in August than I was actually earning!!
    I had to tell myself that I had earned it all in term time!

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I work on 38 weeks term time with 13 holidays and 1 ttd's
    Debbie

Feb 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you so much everyone for your advice and thank you for the attachment for the local council x

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

i work on 39 and 13 holidays then I charge additional for inset days if they need them. inset days are officially term-time, so I would have my term-time only babies on inset days . If I only charged term-time at 38 weeks I would then not be paid to have then on inset days and woud need to charge extra. So, you just need to be careful what you write in your contracts.

July 08
    Post Thanks / Like

There are 39 weeks term time and 13 weeks holiday. On top of this all schools are required to complete 5 inset days per year - you will need to decide what to charge for these. Most schools will tag most if not all of these to the beginning or end of holidays.
    Grindal