Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Nov 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default "Five week months"

I have just started looking after a friends child on Thursday and Wednesday mornings, she wants to pay by direct debit each month as her husband pays for it. However, in my wisdom, i have just realised that this doesn't exactly work. For instance, december has five thursdays and wednesdays NOT four. She pays at the start of the month for the rest of the month. How do other people take payments? Do you allow direct debit? (it seemed to solve the problem of late payments...) and how do you deal with 'five week' months?

Thank-you
    Layla

aug 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: "Five week months"

one of my parents pay me by transfer straight into my accoun every week she asks for a invoice than transfers what ever the invoice is. ask if she can do this instead it is so easy over internet banking, telephone banking or by going in to your local branch to do it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beccas View Post
    one of my parents pay me by transfer straight into my accoun every week she asks for a invoice than transfers what ever the invoice is. ask if she can do this instead it is so easy over internet banking, telephone banking or by going in to your local branch to do it.
    I agree, this is much easier and won't cause you a problem for the 5 week months but if you don't want to do that they could still set up a dd and just pay you cash for the extra week when it's a five week month

Miffy xx

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

or multiply by 52 (weeks) and then divide by 12 to give a monthly fee.

Nov 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank-you. I think I might suggest the weekly standing order... I dont want to be unreasonable, but as I charge per hour it must make sense? But do nurserys vary their rates different months?

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Juggler View Post
    This is what I do OR be paid every 4 weeks and the amount would stay the same
    Debbie

June 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

This only works if you work for 52 weeks or if you charge parents for when you and they are off -

I used to bill one set of parents for the number of minding days in each month and invoice them for that in the last week of each month so that they could have the money transferred by the 1st of the next.

I now have a mum who transfers money to my account on the last friday of each month ready for payment for the next month she pays me for 4 weeks some months and 5 weeks the other months. If I'm going on holiday I deduct the money from that month - if I were to be off sick after I receive the money then I would reduce the following months invoice by that number of days. They pay me when they take hols or when either parent or child is off ill and cant make it.
    Celest

July 08
    Post Thanks / Like

DSs playgroup charge every 4 weeks. I collect my fees weekly.
    Grindal

Dec 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DebbieS26 View Post
    This is what I do OR be paid every 4 weeks and the amount would stay the same
    I do this too and only work term time so I work it out over 39 weeks and get paid monthly all year
    Paula

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Heaven Scent View Post
    This only works if you work for 52 weeks or if you charge parents for when you and they are off -

I used to bill one set of parents for the number of minding days in each month and invoice them for that in the last week of each month so that they could have the money transferred by the 1st of the next.

I now have a mum who transfers money to my account on the last friday of each month ready for payment for the next month she pays me for 4 weeks some months and 5 weeks the other months. If I'm going on holiday I deduct the money from that month - if I were to be off sick after I receive the money then I would reduce the following months invoice by that number of days. They pay me when they take hols or when either parent or child is off ill and cant make it.

I do charge them when they are off. If I have a sick day (which is rare) I would just refund the money or the other week I had a funeral and I paid my stand-in minder for her.

I also do this for my term time contracts, I multiply by 39 weeks then divide by either 11 or 12 months (depending on whether they want summer payment free).

For schoolies I work out 39 weeks at school rate, 13 weeks at full-time rate (however, many days they do) then add it up and divide the whole lot by 12.

mar09
    Post Thanks / Like

I do charge them when they are off. If I have a sick day (which is rare) I would just refund the money or the other week I had a funeral and I paid my stand-in minder for her.

I also do this for my term time contracts, I multiply by 39 weeks then divide by either 11 or 12 months (depending on whether they want summer payment free).

For schoolies I work out 39 weeks at school rate, 13 weeks at full-time rate (however, many days they do) then add it up and divide the whole lot by 12.
    that's what i do as well but i do 9week full time and 4 weeks 1/2tme to cover my holidays

Nov 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank-you very much everyone. All this money stuff is so stressful!