Not sure what to charge to hold place(s)...
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    June 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Not sure what to charge to hold place(s)...

I started looking after a little boy back in March when he was 8 months old, next year March/April time his Mam will be going on maternity leave again and wont need me until Sept/Oct time but would like me to then have the little boy back and the baby so 6-7 months of holding thier places.

I have no idea what to charge to hold the little boys place and also what to charge to hold a place for the baby. I have him/would have them Tues and Weds 8.30am to 4pm and idealy I would like to take them back on next year.

His Mam has asked would it7 be half what she normaly pays for the little boy but hasnt mentioned the baby yet. I am seeing her on Fri for a chat about it would like to have in my head what an going to be asking for.

Any advice?

july 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Not sure what to charge to hold place(s)...

hi Kate,
    In your position (wanting to take them back after the mat leave) I'd ask for half fees for the little boys and also at least half fees to keep an under one space: as you only have one to fill, you can't afford to keep it vacant for such a long time. You can always reconsider if you had a temporary contract come up in the meantime.

Hope it works out: in my experience even in a few months lots can change though. I'd think carefully before you agree terms to make sure you can afford to turn others down in the meantime, how you would cope if they didn't come back inthe end for some reason etc.

bws,
    Wendy

June 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Not sure what to charge to hold place(s)...

If I do def decide to keep the places for them I will keep back everything they give me and if I decide I cant wait anymore and have other interest I can give them back their money to hold the places and if they decide not to come back to me I will explain on Fri that the money is non refundable in that situation.

If they pay half for little boy and half for the baby then I will be making the same money I did when I just had the little boy so for me the money wouldnt change but I am not sure they could afford to still pay me the same as they have been with the mother being on maternity leave - thats something I need to ask them I guess.

June 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Not sure what to charge to hold place(s)...

I have just realised that even if the money is the same if I am keeping it back I wont have the same I was getting as I am keeping it back