Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Help!

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down Re: Help!

What a sorry tale - what an awful woman. It leaves a bad taste in the mouth and is very upsetting, but I agree with everyone else that you are well rid of this lady. Let's hope you find someone to replace her who is charming and gracious and a good payer!

Hilary

October
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Help!

Thanks for all the support. Now, the kids came today. She has not given me the cheque for the outstanding from last month - she wouldn't even come to the door to get the kids. I have given the letter via the children. If she doesn't come back to me tomorrow i will ask for outstanding money and months notice in advnace to be paid by the end of the week. If she doesnt, then how does it stand. Some of you say, don't take the children, but the legal team reckon she has until the end of the notice period to pay. Then take her to court if she doesn't. How do i stand if i don't take kids - can't she then sue me for loss of earnings????

Feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Apr 15
    Post Thanks / Like

oh good grief

I would never in a million years be expected to pay for other costs, if I'm ill how strange is she

Bit confused though, if you have her kids 4-6pm why would she need to pick up early? Or was this during half term (trying to take it all in )

Good luck and agree best rid

October
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, yes not totally clear. She has the children contractually coming to me between 4 - 6pm. She then asked friday night before half term if there was any way i could have her kids during half term - i thought she meant just a couple of days. She ended up wanting 8am - 6pm Mon - Friday. It was a tall order to ask at such short notice but i was able to do it, EXCEPT when i started throwing up.
    I failed to mention that not only is she saying i need to cover the fees of her loss of income due to having to pick the kids up, but also for her to take them home and change them and ALSO to take them to lunch as well as the costs of the lunch and then on top of that the creche fees.
    Whoopeee doo - if i don't say that i might cry!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

She's a silly c#w, she's just trying it on. She doesn't have a leg to stand on and any childminder would just laugh in her face at such nonsense.
    Bl##dy woman

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

She must be insane! Who on earth would ever... just don't even know what to say. Charging you for her time to change and feed them?!

I guess just from now on, in every interview for prospective parents that you do, make sure to point out that you are not responsible for lost wages if you become ill! Better yet, write a policy and have them sign it.

I'd almost like to see her take you to court cos she'd be tossed out on her ear!
    Last edited by Tatia; 04-03-2008 at 08:51 AM.
    Why is "phonics" not spelled the way it sounds?

Sept 06
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi
    Poor you she sounds absolutely horible. There is no way she can say you are responsible and owe her money.

I also can't believe how nasty her letter was.

Get rid of her asap. Glad you got legal advice.

Big hugs to you, this must be awful xxxxxxx

Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I assume that she has not paid for the few hours you did have the children on the day she was sick. If she owes you money then you do not have to have the children. If she is demanding money off YOU then i think you have every right to terminate the contract. Write her a letter using the words extortion, bullying and intimidate.

October
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

HI wendy,
    No she still owes the money. She never paid it - and her children are still coming to me unpaid, until 14th April. That is end of notice period as i am away for 2 weeks. I am really taking a gamble. I wrote a really nice letter explaining that i wasnt at fault but that i would look into it if she were not to be silly and pull the childrne out. REgretting this now, as originally i thought perhaps i was at fault, but since listening to you guys i realise how i am so not! Legal team said that she doesn't have to pay me until end of the notice period and then if she doesnt i go through them - i had to do this with a client last september and although she accepted liability, the courts still i quandering about how much she should pay me a month. i don't want this one to end up like that - i guess i am not a very good judge of character, or are there really that many mean people out there. I could toss the kids out on their ear, but i do like them and they have had a pretty rough background, not there fault. They will be devastated when they find out, as they are really comfy here. Its all a big risk!

Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Tai

Have you told the legal that she owes you money already owed. If she gets at all nasty with you report it to the police just to have it on record. No one has to put up with feeling threatened in their own home.

October
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

hi! actually just got off the phone from them! They have said i can ask for the money up front, and the money she deducted but legally she does not have to pay until end of notice period. If i was to stop taking the children then she could sue me for breach of contract. So i have to keep going! x

October
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok - next step of saga. I have just raced back from school run, to find an answer machine message telling me that 'this is a courtesy call, to let you know the children are staying iwth their grandma today'. Do i read any more into it?
    Message left 5 mins before they were due. i guess i wait until tomorrow.x

Jan 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

probably shouldn't, but I wouldn't be able to!!! what a horrible parent to have to work with I feel for you, I thought a couple of mine pushed the limits but this takes the biscuit!!!

Good luck with this Tai

Kelly

Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

So does this mean that people can not pay you and you still have to take their children?

You could always get the doctor to sign you off with stress!! but then you would let other parents down. I hate the thought of this horrid women getting away with this.

October
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

apparently so. i have to work the notice period or else i am in breach of contract and she could sue me for loss of income and more. so not going down that street. so just have to sit and ride it out now, then claim through ncma legal team if she doesnt pay - then if she claims poverty the court COULD make her pay less than what she owes - its the way it works and i don't think very fair!

Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Any news Tia, how has the mum been with you.
    Is she now asking for you to pay for having the childrens clothes washed and ironed as they get dirty at your house, or perhaps you should pay for their haircuts because it does grow when you are looking after them you know.

Hope this has not been getting you down too much.

October
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

oooh -you made me laugh!!!!! the kids turned up last night and they were fine - she turned up adn picked them up - i had to talk to her as 1 child is teaming in nits - she says nothing she can do about it as she can't have any more treatments - no money from last week - no mention of my nice letter i wrote so going to give her till friday and then give her outstanding invoice for monies owed last week and notice period, and just see what happens. there is nothing worse dreading the parents coming!!! role on holiday! thanks for asking tho!!

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck hope you do get it sorted

Angel xx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Nothing she can do about nits?! Ummm, how abut some conditioner on the hair and a sit down with the nit comb? It's better than nothing!
    Why is "phonics" not spelled the way it sounds?

Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Try a swimming cap!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast