Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: am i being unfair

If any one wants before 7am in my setting then they pay for them to sleep the night before. Its not fair on a child being got out of a warm bed to be dropped at a minders for 5.30 or 6 am. At least if they sleep the night they can get up at a reasonable time. It would also put out my whole routine of going out to toddlers in the morning, and they get very ratty, to say nothing of me being ratty

Aug 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi if i start work at 7 or 8 i have to give myself 1 hour to get ready , before the children arrive as i do like my me time . i have shower every morning and wash my hair and i have to have a cup of tea with my tablets and go toilet ect .infact this hour goes really quick also have to let the dog out for his doings . and lots more xxx

Aug 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

spoken to mum last night and she has agreed to pay the extra hourly rate , as she said that their was no way she could cut her hours . so i will get extra money for it . but still feel awful as she is struggling being divorced . so i recomended for her to try and claim for some child care cost but she said that they would not give her any help because her earnings are to high .

yet she is complaining about paying me when she goes on her holls for 2 wee
    ks in april to florida and 2 weeks sept to spain if you see what i mean

Apr 98
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

If she can't claim any assistance then her earnings must be pretty high so I would stop worrying about asking her to pay the extra.

She is not exactly short of money if she can afford 2 holidays abroad. Reminder her that the holiday arrangements are in your contact and that is what she agreed to......she knew this when she booked the holidays!!!!!!
    Dee
    Independent Cambridge Diet Counsellor

Life may not be the party we hoped for.......but while we're here we should dance!

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with everyone else, although I start at 7.30 and don't charge extra i wish i did. My problem is the family that come early have been with me for years so i find it a bit difficult now (two eldest children 11 and 9 - baby 8 months) so I have been having them for a while as you can see.

This morning for example I only had the 9 year old before school (baby doesn't come today and elder child doesn't come anymore) but I had to get up and organised just for the one child for an hour 7.30-8.30 - i have got no one the rest of the day and the child has after-school clubs tonight!!!!!!!!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

glad mum has agreed to new rate for before 8am, I charge double time for outside the hours of 8am and 6pm as I dont really want to work outside these hours xxx
    Love Mrs Edward Cullen x

Jan 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

My normal rate is £3 an hour but before 8am or after 6pm is £4.50.

Post Thanks / Like

Well done and glad mom is going to pay you extra

I know you feel sorry for her but really its not your problem is it - anyone else would charge the extra so dont worry

Angel xx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12