Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    Apr 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: How much do you charge p/hr? day?

I charge £3 per hour and £4 after 6pm and before 7am, not that I would ever work past these times.

Feb 09
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm in Vale of Glamorgan and charge £3.75 p/h between 8am and 6pm and £5 p/h outside those hours, including meals and snacks.

Latest Inspection Grade
    6 Excellent
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm in Northern Scotland - £3.40ph regardless of ft/pt and £12 per school day for b4/afterschool - includes snacks and drinks and softplay/toddlers/small trips and treats etc.
    No daily rate/half day rates, they confuse me lol!

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sammy View Post
    sorry just had to say i charge £14 to collect 2 kids from school and take them straight home (handy as i go to the school anyway to get my son and they live just round the corner from me) i just saw your DAILY charge and couldnt believe it, how comes you charge £18 for a day?
    Im in Stoke-on-Trent and be honest Im considered expensive. Tbh some cm's round here charge less than that I know one who charges £10 a day. You wouldnt get people paying more than that when theres plenty people who charge less. The ones who do charge more and have a hourly rate of £3-£3.50 have never got kids so I charge accordingly.

The industry round here has just disappeared and its mainly call centres etc. I know you have WFTC but families just havent got the money to add to it if they have to, so they chose the cheaper option.

Luckily the school I do there is only 3 cms who work it but now they have started to do an after school care so again we are competing. For before and after school i think its only £45 the only silver lining there is they dont do school holidays.

But think Im moving to Surrey I would only have to have the one mindee!!!!
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Nov 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

im on £3.25ph or £30 pd but I charge more for part time. After school are £10 3-6pm

Im in the midlands and the average seems to be £3.50ph

Im thinking of going upto £3.50p/h esp if prices of everything keep going up

I dont charge extra for toddler groups but I do for lunch but I prefer parents to provide lunch
    Last edited by Mrs.L.C; 09-04-2009 at 03:38 PM.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

£5 an hour (sibs), otherwise £6 an hour full day, £7 an hour 5 hours or less.
    SW London.
    Jen

Oct 06
    Post Thanks / Like

Depending on when mine started I have one on £4.00 per hour otherwise I charge £4.50 for P/T, £4.25 for full time but this includes snacks, drinks, teas, petrol for pick ups + drop offs, any outings, drop ins etc. I'm in Berks.
    I don't charge if parents are late paying me either.(Something I'm looking into though)

Mar 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I charge £7.50ph I live in West London and are not the cheapest!

E x

jan 09
    Post Thanks / Like

My fees are £4.00 an hour, snacks and meal extra.
    Toddler groups outings parents pay for, and seem quite happy to do so.

I haven't started yet, but familees are happy to pay these fees as soom as registrations comes thru!

apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post
    Im in Stoke-on-Trent and be honest Im considered expensive. Tbh some cm's round here charge less than that I know one who charges £10 a day. You wouldnt get people paying more than that when theres plenty people who charge less. The ones who do charge more and have a hourly rate of £3-£3.50 have never got kids so I charge accordingly.

The industry round here has just disappeared and its mainly call centres etc. I know you have WFTC but families just havent got the money to add to it if they have to, so they chose the cheaper option.

Luckily the school I do there is only 3 cms who work it but now they have started to do an after school care so again we are competing. For before and after school i think its only £45 the only silver lining there is they dont do school holidays.

But think Im moving to Surrey I would only have to have the one mindee!!!!
    Hi I'm from Stoke too. I charge £20 a day, any more and I just wouldn't get any business. Like fussyelmo says its the average around here, some charging less, not many charging more.

But isn't the cost of living less here, than furter south or other places
    Helen xXx

Apr-08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

£6.00 per hour (minimum 5 hours), parents pay for outings and food. Overnight care is £150 flat rate. I don't give sibling discounts and I don't have before or after school children. I live in Surrey.

OCT 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

£3.60 in my part of Hampshire ten miles one way it's £4.00 and ten miles another way it's £3.00

Allie

Jan 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Good thread!!! Very interesting..... learnt one thing....... I need to move to surrrey!!

Im in East Grinstead, West Sussex and our rates seem to be between £3.75 - £5. Most are about £4 I think, some of the more experienced CM's charge the higher end but £7 is unheard off!! Good for you CM that can get that, i'd charge it if i could get it!!!

Nicole x
    Last edited by nicole_kirsty; 10-04-2009 at 11:22 AM.

June 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm in kent and charge £4.50ph.
    I split my day into two sessions;
    Morning = 8am - 1pm
    Afternoon = 1pm - 6pm
    Parents pay me by the session.
    This way if they only use me from say 9am - 12pm, I still get paid from 8am-1pm. I explain it is because I cannot fill the odd hours they are not using.
    I have been Childminding since 2006 and I have never had a parent moan or complain about the way I charge, although I realise this may not work for everyone.
    Last edited by Toothfairy; 10-04-2009 at 08:45 PM.

Feb o7
    Post Thanks / Like

This is such an interesting post.

I charge 4.50 an hour and I'm in Herts. I know that is about average because I've looked into it.

Can't believe guys charge 7 pounds upwards in Surrey,but also can't believe that some go as low as 10 or 18 pounds a day!!

I understand that obviously some areas of the country are considered more affluent but 18 a day seems very low to me. Considering the amount of work we have to do and the responsibility.

not sure I would do a whole day for that,especially with my current 21month tazmanian devil!!!

Don't mean to be judgemental guys,I'm just shocked.

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

£3.00 ph hour 8-6, £4.50 ph before/after those times. Snacks/ toddler groups included but meals extra. I am in Carmarthenshire and that is what the standard is here. I charged this 5 years ago in Essex .

I stick to ph at the moment - I don't offer discounts for siblings, more hours etc and I do have a 3 hour per day minimum charge.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I am in Wiltshire and charge between £3.75 and £25.00 per hour (£25 being bank holidays)

Before school £6.50 (including breakfast)
    After school varies £15.00 5 days, £17.00 2 days plus food
    Full time (8-6) is £38.00 5 days and £40.00 2 days plus food
    Holiday care 8-6 as above
    Part time school hours £25.00

As my opening hours are 8-6 parents are usually with me by then and therefore no overtime rates apply but I do charge a late payment fee of £20 if the micky is taken.
    Debbie

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Louise 144 View Post
    This is such an interesting post.

I charge 4.50 an hour and I'm in Herts. I know that is about average because I've looked into it.

Can't believe guys charge 7 pounds upwards in Surrey,but also can't believe that some go as low as 10 or 18 pounds a day!!

I understand that obviously some areas of the country are considered more affluent but 18 a day seems very low to me. Considering the amount of work we have to do and the responsibility.

not sure I would do a whole day for that,especially with my current 21month tazmanian devil!!!

Don't mean to be judgemental guys,I'm just shocked.
    No offence taken the average around here is between 70 and 100 per week for a full timer. If I was to charge my full time timer 4.50 per hour parents would be paying 180 a week and then I wouldnt be working its that simple.

I remember going to my briefing session (yes I can still remember it) and being told then not to expect to become rich by childminding and boy were they right.

But as Helen says our cost of living is cheaper my brother when he lived in London used to love coming here because he could buy a round of drinks for 4 of us and get change out of a tenner.
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Dec 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi I charge £15 per day and £35 per week for before and after school. I've been reading everyone elses fees and I wish you could all contact my minded children's parents and tell them how much you charge. I'm always being moaned at for being expensive. In these prices are all meals , days out and toddler groups.

Oct 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink Re: How much do you charge p/hr? day?

Wow, thanks everyone for replying to my post, really helpfull.
    Im from Crewe in cheshire and ive researched and the fees near me people charge from £3 an hour to £4.50 max.

Ive been to my pre-reg briefing session now and have booked onto my ICC, first aid and food hygiene courses, start next week! cant believe how quickly its starting yey!

xx

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast