"Forgot" to pay?!?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: "Forgot" to pay?!?

cant imagine how you must be feeling if this mother is blaming you what a cheek

hope you get the situation sorted out

angel xx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeky Chops View Post

I really feel for the LO, but his mum repeatedly blames me for the reason he is under developed. he was only with me 2 days a week and we always did things to stimulate his learning. so there isnt really anymore I could do. apart from perhaps talk to someone about my concerns i guess?!
    I'm sorry but it is not your fault and if i was you and shed said that to me i would have hit the roof big time, how dare she blame you, if she was a better more loving considerate attentive mother maybe he wouldnt be so under developed oh and gave him good wholesome food not pizza's and kebab's

xxx
    Love Mrs Edward Cullen x

Registered Childminder since
    September 2007
    Post Thanks / Like

Angry Re: "Forgot" to pay?!?

OMG! It infuriates me that people can treat their children in this way. It's disgusting.

I hope you manage to sort something out. Do you have a network co-ordinator who can advise you?

Hope you get the money sorted but by the sounds of it you're in a bit of a tricky situation.

Chin up. Things tend to turn out well in the end. Just remember you've done the best you can and no-one can ask any more of you.

june 90
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi don't let it go on anymore I've had this before mine went on for week,s big mistake. In the end mother told me she had spent it ha. She got most of it payed for of tax credit I took her to court what a waste of time she didn't even bother to show up and that cost me another £60 in total she owed me £600 .I informed tax credit they didn't even call me back tups x

june 90
    Post Thanks / Like

dont no how my post got here ???

june 90
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post

Well I'm hoping that posting here will be as lucky as it was for me last time!

I started minding for the family that I had a call from when I was posting my first message. That was nearly three weeks ago and I still haven't been paid! I feel like a blooming idiot. I let payment ride for the first day because I figured it was an oversight and the mother promised to bring cash the next day. My contract states cash in advanced and they only signed 3 days previous.

I called Friday to see if there was a cash problem or any issues and she said she'd just forgotten to bring the money! They hadn't forgotten to drop their kids off half an hour early or quarter of an hour late though.

During the phone call she said she'd come this weekend but guess what ... no money. I'm tempted to refuse to take the kids without full payment but that seems mean to them.

I'm a teaching assistant and had rearranged my hours to accomodate her needs but now I think I've made a huge mistake. I've been offered more hours at school so was thinking about ending our contract and staying registered for after school and holidays.

I really enjoy both jobs and ending this contract feels like accepting defeat but in the same breath I can't see it getting any better without confrontation.
    I sent you a post on this but its gone somewhere else ??? tups x

july 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

well i'm having trouble with one at the mo.

the mum doesnt speak english. she's been sent on a course via the job centre to learn english so she can get a job....
    i have delt with job centre before regarding payments so i didnt batter an eye

started minding - in a rush, as the course had started and mum had missed the 1st week. she filled in the forms (eldest son did them for her) but has never been to my house!! dispite being invited every wk!

so the poor kid cries a lot he's 14 months old and doesnt understand a word of english - i sound as cockney as you like so i must terrify the poor boy

and guess what its wk 4 and no payment!! in fairness i know its not her fault. you can tell by her face she feels bad. she's been put in a position where she has had to trust someone she doesnt know, her child doesnt know just to do this course. (she has no family here) i have been in contact to the course providers and they have been helpful and i now have the name of the person dealing with this case at the job centre........ but i have been ringing and keep getting told that the person will ring me back. and of course they dont!!!
    mum has still got lessons this wk but has left the child with teenage son. so i havent even got him this week. im at the end of my tether with it all though.

i think if i dont get the money owed and some sort of payment system set up before monday i will withdraw care i dont know what else to do

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry only just seen this. But good for you.
    Needs to Zumba

Apr 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Goodness, look how old this post is!

july 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD