Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Apr 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default claiming back food charges

I'm sure this has been asked a million times lol but i need help with claiming food.

I have a full timer who feed and provide snacks, how do i go about claiming the food back for this child eg i make a massive pot of soup for the week how could i claim the cost of this back do i need to split it up

thanks girls x x x

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: claiming back food charges

What I do is highlight my food reciepts when I get home with all the stuff I use for cm. Some things I dont get reciepts I try and write straight in my account book or at least note in diairy so I can find it later.

I have always used the NCMA ACCOUNTS BOOK this has a page a week with headings and non members can buy them.

If I make eg a large cottage pie and some is used for mindees I guesstimate the proportion used for minding and put that in my account book. Inland rev are not interested in the minute detail unless of course you earn more than £30,000 a year.You dont have to have reciepts for stuff under £10 except food .
    Which you should keep all reciepts and make a note of where and when stuff is bought. That is for local enviromental health people because all our food sources must be traceable for food hygine reasons, should there be a case of food poisoning.

Is that as clear as mud!!!!!

Apr 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

i have the ncma handbook and claim back everything but this is the first time i have had to feed a child from my own cupboards iykwim i normally supply snacks and juice but this is the first time i have had to feed the child their dinners as parents normally supply the lunches but i have her all day mon to fri and i said i would feed her what my own kids get for their dinner and lunch.

does that make sense????

sorry for making you all think on a sunday lol

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I take my food receipts divide them up by the amount of children I have that week plus my family and then multiply it by the amount of children.

i.e. 1 child minded and 4 of my family would be £100.00 divided by 5, multiplied by 1 = £20.00

Hope that helps
    Debbie

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

That sounds fine I feed my family/mindee the same very often.

For example today we are having Roast Lamb for dinner so guess what is on the menu for mindees tomorrow? Tomarrow I plan to make a large dish of lasagna for the family and that will feed mindees as well.

Doesnt matter that it is a Sunday Ive been popping back and forth. Taken down the Xmas decorations-dont ask toooo long a story, done 3 loads of washing and now on the 4th! and even managed to put sheets, towels and tea towels on the line outside for a blow.

The sun is shining, there is a brisk breeze, the temp is up from three below to 6 above , all the family are out for another hour, so peace!! and alls well with the world.

Post Thanks / Like

I also break down everything then divide it by the number of people eating it. So for spagetti bolegnaise for example:

mince - £2.20
    tinned toms - £1.12
    garlic - 79p
    onions - 50p
    pepper - 78p
    mushrooms - 78p
    herbs - £1.19
    pasta - £1.49

Total - £8.85
    Split between me, MrS, son, daughter and mindee - £1.77

Plus yogurt - 28px2 - 56p
    3 fruit at snack time - £1.50
    Breakfast and lunch (charged at £1 per meal) - £2

Total food costs for mindee for Monday - £5.83

Just example to show you how I break it down.

Sx

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

i charge 3 pound per day for food per child. that covers most htinga nd i keep all my shopping recipts to show the type and amount of food i buy and for helth and saftey reason in case of food poisoning.

i have done family support work and they will pay you 1.50 for breakfast 2.50 for a lunch or a dinner so you could charge this for the meals you provide i also include snacks in my fees